Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Throwback Thursday

edited September 2020 in Related

Iowa 2013... Barbie Girl.

I have a signature.
JasonPD1PP1NThumperTom

Comments

• Edit: this was 2014. No Barbie Girl that year, I don't think.

I have a signature.
  • We're geeks, get it right, my fellow geek. Geek at least references some knowledge, whereas nerd is just a social outcast.

• So who's who?

• I see craig , greywarden , JR, Rory , SR7910 , thumpertom, I forget the gent from ND , D1PP1N maybe? Sorry its been awhile.

• edited September 2020

We watched the movie Cold Pursuit tonight and there were several car ride scenes about changing the music on the radio and Barbie Girl showed up in one of them. Made me smile.

Ron

• Yes, Mike (Dippin) standing next to me. Mike Jennings is the guy from ND.

• Grinnell College, October 2015.

JasonPjhollanderS7910ani_101

• DIY Iowa, Grinnell, October, 2011

JasonP
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Nope- that's 2010, Scott. That's the last year I've gone, and my 'Tudes are on the floor to the left.

• Louisville 2014

JasonPS7910
  • @Wolf said:
    Nope- that's 2010, Scott. That's the last year I've gone, and my 'Tudes are on the floor to the left.

You're right, it was 2010. I saw it on the photo details and somehow typed 2011 anyway.

Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • 2012 MWAF. Me and Eric bringing up the rear...

6thplanetJasonP
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Got Nick, Ron, and Dan in this one from 2016

JasonP
  • Iowa 2016, cool place. Acoustics were meh. Didn't do the purple speakers any favors

Turn2JasonP
  • DIY Iowa 2010. This was my 2nd DIY event and the first time I brought speakers.

Ron

JasonP
  • The very first DakotaDIY (just a casual affair in my living room, good food lots of music and laughs and hooch)

My little girl will be 20 in a couple months!

JasonPNicholas_23S7910
    I have a signature.
  • How is Lowell (Arliss) doing????

• @Ron_E said:
    DIY Iowa 2010. This was my 2nd DIY event and the first time I brought speakers.

Ron

This was my first DIY event and what really set the hook B)

• @PWRRYD said:
    How is Lowell (Arliss) doing????

He's staying busy with his laser, turning out some nice custom chopping blocks.

Nicholas_23
    I have a signature.
  • As long as we're having fun let's push the wayback machine to Grinnell 2008. Pretty awesome designs even back then.

JasonPNicholas_23S7910
  • @Ron_E said:
    DIY Iowa 2010. This was my 2nd DIY event and the first time I brought speakers.

Ron

I distinctly remember admiring Ron's woodworking skills as he carried his down the aisle - and then my jaw hitting the floor when they played. They were so smooth sounding! So many great sounding speakers at that event. Ben's Attitudes were amazing and I'll never forget how Maynard's speakers seemed to float the vocals right out above the front of the stage - at least from where I was sitting.

• Always wondered how Curt/ Wayne(?) made the round top on the Exclamations

• I still miss Harris auditorium. Its acoustics were certainly different from the hotel conference rooms.

• @jhollander said:
    Always wondered how Curt/ Wayne(?) made the round top on the Exclamations

I asked him that exact same damn question when he first showed them . All he said was he had some help from his buddie Wayne . No other details other than that , and I didnt poke any further.

• Wayne would never reveal how he did that; making the spheres.

Ah, yes- my Icthus towers. They rocked that auditorium in 2008!

Tzu-Jans; no reason to say more than that as the legend continues....

• which ones were the Tzu-Jans? I dont think I made it that year.

• edited September 2020

Found this for the Tzu-Jans. Click on the media tab and there is a picture of the speaker and a picture of the crossover.
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/member/2614-maynardg