Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

$$$Capacitors$$$

Anybody know of some good priced Caps? There getting ridiculous in price.

Comments

• Cebo or Audyn Q4 are great value.

What values you looking for?

Allelectronics has 20uF ASC poly caps for $2/ea. ApexJr has 75uF caps for $4/ea. Parts Connexion has 60uF ASC caps for cheap as well.

• @Wolf said:
    Cebo or Audyn Q4 are great value.

What values you looking for?

Allelectronics has 20uF ASC poly caps for $2/ea. ApexJr has 75uF caps for $4/ea. Parts Connexion has 60uF ASC caps for cheap as well.

All values. I’ll check out the one you mentioned. Thank you!

• Sometimes Mouser has decent prices.

• Nothing wrong with Wima mkp4's.

jr@mac
  • I like Wima.

• I did not like the JB caps, except the size factor.

• Are you looking for caps for prototyping, or?

I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:
    Are you looking for caps for prototyping, or?

I just built some speakers for a yoga studio and I believe the parts that went into them are more than all the drivers that went into them. Prices just seem to be getting ridiculous anymore. So to answer your question. Both.

• edited November 2021

The panasonic ecq polyester caps are very reasonable; 5.6uf $1.46@10. I'm ok with them. ... and it looks like Mouser has been hit hard with out of stock. I have never had a bad experience buying from Mouser. They pack very well and if you order multiples, you generally get a decent price break. Good way to stock up a parts bin.

• In some applications electrolytic caps are fine.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • @jhollander said:
    In some applications electrolytic caps are fine.

I have no problem with using electrolytic’s. I wonder if there’s any cheap ones across the pond that are worth a crap.

• You should've got in on the Rival caps. I think they were the best deal out there.

• The Madisound Bennic or PE electrolytic are better then the NPEs from ERSE imo. The PE NPEs look like they are in stock.

I'm not a big fan of the NPEs in the tweeter section, but then there are some poly caps I think are just as bad. No one in Yoga class will ever know...

• Arummm, Arummm, does my butt look fat in these yoga pants? Arummm...

• @jhollander said:
    The Madisound Bennic or PE electrolytic are better then the NPEs from ERSE imo. The PE NPEs look like they are in stock.

I'm not a big fan of the NPEs in the tweeter section, but then there are some poly caps I think are just as bad. No one in Yoga class will ever know...

It's funny how your ears can tell a real difference even though they measure the same.
    I've recently switched to Clarity cap CSA for tweeters, and they sound much better than Dayton or Audyn.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • @Gowa said:
    You should've got in on the Rival caps. I think they were the best deal out there.

I think you are right. That was very sweet. I was totally strapped at the time.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Well I got half my order so far.

jr@macsquamishdrocrjj45jhollander

• No caps, just new jewelry.

I have a signature.
  • Bling bling

6thplanet
  • @hifiside said:

Well I got half my order so far.

Half? Damn that's a lot of caps! =)

• I have a B-in-B problem. Got 980 caps for $630 shipped.

rjj45squamishdroc
  • Brad can you share any details about where you got the caps?

• KP/KD caps? Never heard of those...
    Yes, please spill!

• China
    AliExpress
    Alibaba.
    MadeInChina

• Some “non branded” caps.

rjj45
  • Some nicer ones.

Wolf
  • You're a madman! B)

rjj45
  • So do you just print "DAYTON" on those black and yellow ones and resell them? :p

PWRRYDhifiside4thtryrjj45
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • @dcibel said:
    So do you just print "DAYTON" on those black and yellow ones and resell them? :p

PE bans people who talk about where they source their stuff lol.

Nicholas_23
    I have a signature.