Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

GRA Ribbons

PE has several Fountek clones under GRS badge. I ordered a pair of the round ones. The rectangular ones all had advertised peaks around 10k thatsssss ssssssonething I don't want to messsssss with.

I'll let you all know.

I have a signature.
rjj45Nicholas_23Steve_Lee

Comments

• GRS Ribbons. Goddam fat fingers.

I have a signature.
  • The round one looks pretty good.

• Looking forward to seeing what you do with them. Might pair well with a 4inch woofer.

• I wonder if I have any 4" woofers sitting around...

6thplanet
    I have a signature.
  • The real deal Fountex is $90 at Madi right now. I'd love to do a head to head and see how clonish the GRS are.

Colonel7
    I have a signature.
  • I have 3 of the old style non-rounded square exit NeoCD3.0 right now, if that is your reference.

• Showed up today, look like a ribbon. I'll take pictures later, maybe a couple dimensional measurements of anyone wants some better idea of how Founteky they are. They are probably badge engineered, FWIW.

I have a signature.
  • Interested, JR - got a pair in my wish-list and a 15$ discount coupon for August - just awaiting your findings . . .

Got lucky this week and scored a pair of FaitalPro 6FE200-8's for $45/ea - open box. Re checks out at 6.3 Ohms each.

:)

rjj45
  • My actual measurement findings might be awhile.

Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.

• ugly_woofersquamishdroc
    I have a signature.
  • One of these things is not like the other...

jr@macSteve_LeeS7910Turn2
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I think they look ok with the CF mids

PWRRYDkenrhodesSteve_LeeS79106thplanetsquamishdrocSilver1omoTurn2
    I have a signature.
  • Interesting that they explicitly use the Fountek name in the marketing. I'd say that they licensed the basic technology from Fountek and then made some modifications. Very promising. If distortion is way low, they will be killers

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • I was thinking the same thing when I read their ad copy (Fountek name). The finish on those look great!

• Fountek is basically bankrupt, and sold off the tooling. PE must have worked it out or purchased it for use.

rjj45
  • @Wolf said:
    Fountek is basically bankrupt, and sold off the tooling. PE must have worked it out or purchased it for use.

If PE had bought the name, they would private label the Founteks as Dayton.....
    But what do I know, just speculation....

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • GRS is a house brand of parts express. Sometimes adding a premium product to a economy brand will elevate the perception of the other products.

• @kenrhodes said:
    GRS is a house brand of parts express. Sometimes adding a premium product to a economy brand will elevate the perception of the other products.

Thanks. I didn't realize it was a house brand.

• Definitely is. Rory helped develop the GRS 4" Pioneer style mid.

rjj45
  • @Wolf said:
    Definitely is. Rory helped develop the GRS 4" Pioneer style mid.

How is Rory doing these days? Super nice guy.

• Last i knew, working for Alpine in Detroit area. We keep in touch.

• Rory is great. Got to spend some time with him at InDIYana. He is one of the most intelligent people I know.

• We may see GRA versions of the FW drivers...

I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:
    We may see GRA versions of the FW drivers...

"GRA" is figment of your own dyslexic fingers . . .

• It's now a ROF

I have a signature.
  • edited July 2022

@Steve_Lee said:
    ROF = ?

Report of Findings?

https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/ROF

• Rule of Fumb

Turn2
  • @Steve_Lee said:
    ROF = ?

Roll on floor.

• Years ago, Chris Roemer fat fingered the acronym for "Rule Of Thumb" as "ROF".

Just an old-school semi-inside joke from PETT glory days ala Pre-Stahl rant.

rjj45Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.