Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (5)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

New bass bins

I'm building a new pair of bass bins. The enclosures "were" going to be my 2023 InDIYana theme boxes. Now they will be stricky bass bins that I can set any number of different MT's on top of and measure/design 3 ways. Per the Indy rules these are 1.5 cubic foot internal. I am using one Dayton Audio RS270P-4A per bass bin. They will be ported using some Precision 3" ports I bought from Robert Clark in Iowa last year (thanks Robert for the great deal). Modeled F3 around 33 Hz with a nice smooth rolloff. They can take quite a bit of power and not exceed Xmax and produce a lot of SPL. The MT ideas keep swirling around in my head as I have lots of nice drivers on my shelves.

Steve_LeeNicholas_23Silver1omoBilletjr@macBryan@MAC

Comments

• Will you modify the bass bins xo to operate as an integrated 3-way with each MT or run them as subs with a separate amp and adjustable low pass filter?

• Uniquely designed passive xo's for each 3 way design. I did this a number of years ago and it was fun. Much quicker/easier to build a small pair of MT's than a whole floor standing 3 way.

DanPSteve_Leerjj45