Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (6)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Next project?

Maybe this?

I have a signature.

Comments

• I used that tweeter and guide combo before, and was able to get by with a single cap and resistor. I bet I can do it again.

Little nervous about the woofer since Ben implied they did not measure as advertised but maybe he got some outliers so a glimmer of hope. Given Daytons ability to maintain unit to unit consistency regardless of advertised, though...

If they do measure as advertised, or reasonably close, I will be going with this model:

If not, I will cross that bridge when I get to it. Probably not a bass monster in any event, but should be adequate for intended application. I have a request to build a monitor for a local musicians home studio, so this is being built on spec.

I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:
    I used that tweeter and guide combo before, and was able to get by with a single cap and resistor. I bet I can do it again.

Do you have the component values (cap and R), frequency you targeted and/or frequency graph ?

• I do not have a FR graph for just the tweeter, but IIRC I ended up using a 2.7uF capacitor. These are long gone in another small studio. Here is a chart overlaying left and right, though, so you can see how the treble is flat enough:

silverD4thtry
    I have a signature.
  • And a reverse null showing the relatively low XO point I was able to get with a two-component crossover.

tajanes4thtry
    I have a signature.
  • And horizontals:

Listening window:

Distortion showing the tweeter is not at all stressed out in its operating range. Woofer was the Dynavox 6.5" poly;

Not my most accurate build, but more than good enough for small studio work in this case the guy who bought them does a lot of production of local advertising - recording jingles and whatnot.

I have a signature.
  • I've decided against that particular combo, I think I will use it in a small 3-way instead, using the 2" neo HiVi dome and some kind of tweeter.

The 5" seems a better choice for a small monitor.

I have a signature.
  • It's going to be the 5" and the knock off of the Fountek Neo3.0 or whatever the hell the model number was.

I have a signature.