Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Goodwill deal of the day

I picked up this pair of clean Realistic Minimus 7's today for $6.99 before the 10% senior discount or roughly $6.30. I ran a sweep with DATS on them and it appears that everything still works.

Ron
kennyk4thtryBryan@MACS7910

Comments

• Ron_E said:
    I picked up this pair of clean Realistic Minimus 7's today for $6.99 before the 10% senior discount or roughly $6.30. I ran a sweep with DATS on them and it appears that everything still works.

Ron
    I have a soft spot for those speakers.  Great find Ron!

Dan
  • Lucky!!
    I have a signature.
  • edited December 2017
    The XO mod that Zilch did several years ago is well worth the time and I’d bet you already have the spare parts to do it. They are awesome speakers- great for HT surrounds too. 
    My signature goes here
  • Since we're suggesting upgrades, I did a design called 'Synchaeta' that swaps in some inexpensive drivers and sounds really nice.
  • Ron - Is there a sticker on the back that shows the version?  I know there were the originals, Rev. B and Rev. C at least.  
  • I have 2 pairs of those sitting in my shop. Took one apart a few months ago but decided not to bother with them because of their size. I bought them years ago at a yard sale new in boxes. I don't think the other pair has ever been played.
  • Ron - Is there a sticker on the back that shows the version?  I know there were the originals, Rev. B and Rev. C at least.  

Just the model and a catalog number.  40-2030C

Ron
  • I picked one these up at MAF at the tent sale for $5. I found a 12V 1.5A PS in the junk pile and it fired right up. I know a college kid who will be getting a little stereo for Christmas. https://www.parts-express.com/lepai-bantam-2x15w-mini-amplifier-with-remote-usb-sd-35mm-inputs--310-309

Ron

• Nice score!