Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Hypex Fusion

edited April 2018 in DIY
If anyone here is exited about the upcoming Hypex Fusion DSP plate amps, I have some info from Hypex:

"We finally have confirmation from our factory on the arrival of the first FusionAmps. We will receive limited stock of all models on the 4th of May. Ordering will start on April 20 on our new web shops which will also be launched the same day. B2B prices will be made public during our upcoming show Pro-Light & Sound in Frankfurt."

These plates are a significant upgrade from the previous "AS" line, and I am exited that the line includes some 3 channel models, which I haven't been able to find previously.

For product detail, the datasheets are available here:
https://www.diyclassd.com/img/upload/doc/plate_amp/FusionAmp_00xx.pdf

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
Tagged:
FaceJasonP

Comments

• edited April 2018
    At first I thought these looked really tall.  But they are only about 4 inches wide, which makes them look deceptively tall.  :)    Thanks for the info.
  • edited April 2018
    Yes, smaller than they appear. The big one in the photo I posted is 120mm wide by 360mm tall, so about 4.75" by 14". If the price is right I'm hoping to pick up a pair of the FA123 in the next few months, and upgrade my Bamboozled speaker pair to a fully active 3-way. My only worry is that these plates appear to have vents top and bottom, so they probably need a separate enclosure and can't be direct mounted in a speaker cabinet. Doesn't look like the I/O is sealed either so lot of leaks if you direct mount it.
  • They're up for sale on the webshop today. A bit expensive, the FA123 is 300 euro, so for a pair that comes to CAD$930, so about $1k shipped. Maybe not too crazy if you consider that you are buying a 6ch nCore amp for that money, DSP, 3 presets, balanced I/O...

https://www.hypexshop.com/shop/shop.jsp?groupID=118