Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Forum software to version 3.3

I just upgraded the forum software to Vanilla forums 3.3. Let me know if anything is broke!
= Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."

Comments

• Attachments FIXED.

Bryan@MAC
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • edited July 2020

Thanks Jason. quoting a comment is not working. The quote button is missing.

• Huh, the plugin just got turned off. Wonder why, it works fine in this version from what I can tell...

• edited July 2020

@ani_101 said:
    Thanks Jason. quoting a comment is not working. The quote button is missing.

Test

I have a signature.
  • Thanks Jason, Quote button is not visible, but the reaction buttons are not visible - they are visible if you hover on the quote - new feature?

If I recall correctly, they used to be always on, like the quote button is now...

• Ani, what browser/OS are you on?

I have a signature.
  • I'm using the AVG-protected Chrome browser, and have the same showings as Ani.

and with quote hovered:

• The reactions should always have appeared when you hover, I think? I recall them always doing that.

ani_101
  • I'm pretty sure that is how it was as well, just providing a visual for certainty.

ani_101
  • i am in edge.

Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0
    Microsoft EdgeHTML 18.18363

• if the buttons are to appear on hover, that cool, just reporting what stood out. But they seem to work, so should be good, i can set reactions...

• able to attach files, but not able to drag and drop them on the message.

not able to add image to the message. the image uploads, but it puts a link in the message - which cannot be clicked and the image is not present.

• The link turns into your image, at least that's how it worked when I snipped and attached photos above.

• Hmmm, test....

• edited July 2020

@ani_101 said:
    able to attach files, but not able to drag and drop them on the message.

not able to add image to the message. the image uploads, but it puts a link in the message - which cannot be clicked and the image is not present.

We might have lost drag and drop (the editor has changed a lot) but using the attach image button (the last button, next to attach file) put it inline for me, looks like a link in the text as Wolf says, but turns into an image when posted.

• Dont miss the IT world , bless your heart JP for supporting the forum !!

• @JasonP said:

@ani_101 said:
    able to attach files, but not able to drag and drop them on the message.

We might have lost drag and drop (the editor has changed a lot) but using the attach image button (the last button, next to attach file) put it inline for me, looks like a link in the text as Wolf says, but turns into an image when posted.

Thanks Jason, I removed the link when i saw the image didn't attach and instead uploaded it as an attachment...!

• edited July 2020

Thanks @JasonP. Appreciate your programming prowess. We just wouldn’t be what we are today without your contributions. In 2012 the last thing on my mind wrt MAC was “hey let’s have a chat forum that’s compatible with smartphones and supports images and attachments.” I’m 100% impressed and grateful for your efforts to push us to the next level. Thank you.

6thplanetani_101hifiside
    My signature goes here
  • Just a note- my tablet will not load the pages now, only showing the 'Quote' buttons top to bottom on the thread pages when opened. The laptop takes about 3-10 seconds to load the rest in depending on wifi.

• @Wolf said:
    Just a note- my tablet will not load the pages now, only showing the 'Quote' buttons top to bottom on the thread pages when opened. The laptop takes about 3-10 seconds to load the rest in depending on wifi.

Ben, something is wrong on your end.

I just ran a quick test on my phone and my desktop PC. The threads are loading instantly on both devices.

I would do a wifi speed test to confirm your connection isn't the issue.

My signature goes here
  • I don't have very fast speed here anyway- DSL.

PWRRYD
  • edited July 2020

Loading on phone fine, don't have a tablet... (Android)

• Forum error, won't let me click LOL.

JasonP
  • Yep, got the same error here too. They just "upgraded" the base software that hosts all this and I suppose some configuration got reset. I'm on it.

• me too:
    Incorrect datetime value: '2020-08-05T01:38:22+0000' for column 'DateInserted' at row 1|Gdn_Database|Query|insert GDN_Reaction (ActionID, ParentID, ParentType, ParentAuthorID, InsertUserID, DateInserted) values (:ActionID, :ParentID, :ParentType, :ParentAuthorID, :InsertUserID, :DateInserted)

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • This happens for pretty much any action... Including the reactions or button actions

JasonP
  • I think I found the fix on the vanilla forums, but didn't have time last night to implement it. I'll do it when I get home this afternoon.

• Thanks, Jason!

• And, fixed! Thanks all

4thtryani_101jr@macrjj45Turn2ThumperTom