Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

First dibs - swap meet table

2»

Comments

• Also, add a pair of RS225P-8 for $50. 

Also, add a pair of RS28F with truncated faceplate for $40. 

I have a signature.
  • I also have a Reckhorn active crossover I will be bringing. Forget the model number off-hand, but it has stereo inputs, high-passed stereo outputs, and dual subwoofer outputs, etc. Pretty nice unit, sadly NLA. $35. 
    I have a signature.
  • Not sure what else I will have available. Maybe my Marantz NR1403. Nice unit, not overly powerful but has 24/192 DAC, decodes modern audio, has a pretty clean analog 2 channel output, etc. Not sure I want to give it up since it does serve as a pretty nice pre/pro. I will give it some thought in the next few weeks. 
    I have a signature.
  • Reckhorn hath been spoketh for.
    I have a signature.
  • Yeah I grabbed it.
  • Here's a partial list of what I'm bringing with to Iowa. Still have some gear and drivers to sift through and decide what I'm going to keep.

Drivers QTY Condition Price
    GW-S650-4 4 Tested/unused $20/pr
    GRS 1TM-4 1 Tested/gently used $1.00
    HiVi L6-4R 4 Tested/unused $40/pr
    GW-S650-8 2 Tested/unused $20/pr
    TB 28-847SD 1 Tested/unused $12
    Focal HP5-M116 2 used $20/pr

Other Gear

Akai X2000-S 1 Tested/needs repair $50/obo
    Dayton 60 watt plate amp w/BT 1 NIB/Unused $60

If anything is left after DIY Iowa then I'll open things up for shipping.

• Hmmmm the Focal look familiar ;)
    I have a signature.
  • Yeah, I'm thinning out stuff that never really coalesced into a design. I'll still have about five designs worth of stuff left when I'm done - at which point I really need to get cracking in the wood shop.
  • I've got a couple of vintage monster receivers that are currently collecting dust and really deserve to be put back into service.  I will bring either or both to Grinnell if anyone is seriously interested.

1.  Sansui 9090.  110 WPC into 8 Ohms.  Nice sound and very collectable.  Working condition.  Has original cabinet, but the cabinet section underneath the receiver has been replaced by a previous owner.  $500.

2.  Luxman R-117.  160 WPC into 8 Ohms.  It is an 80's receiver and looks as such - but it really performs.  Arguably the king of 80's receivers.  It is remote controllable, but I don't have the remote.  It does work with Logitech Harmony remotes.  $400.

jr@macJasonP
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • JR,  If those two Dayton ring radiators are the same ones that I used in my Linehoppers, I'll take them off your hands for $25.  Mine are the originals, not the matched pair types.   Bill
  • All yours, Bill. Seeya in a few weeks!
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    All yours, Bill. Seeya in a few weeks!
    11 days to be exact.  Creepin up on you like a bad rash.  :)
    My signature goes here
  • If any one is interested in some polyester caps and electrolytic filter caps let me know and I'll set them aside for you (free).  Pics in the PDF
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I have a couple of things I'd like to part with but I'd prefer not to haul them to Grinnell without someone expressing a serious interest. I don't need a guaranteed sale without seeing the goods, just some intent if you like them.

1st up is a pair of BG RD40 ribbons that were mounted but probably have less than 10 hours playing time. You will be hard pressed to tell them from a new pair. I'm asking $750 for the pair. They were over $1000 new and are NLA.  http://www.parts-express.com/bohlender-graebener-rd40-planar-transducer--264-706

Next I have a pair of Dayton RSS390HO-4 15" woofers. Again they were mounted but they only ran long enough to demonstrate that they could bounce the sonotube cabinets off the floor.   :) Cosmetically they are very clean except for the edge of the speaker flange that was scuffed up by a tight rebate which left some primer residue.  I'm asking $100 each. http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-rss390ho-4-15-reference-ho-subwoofer-4-ohm--295-469

Ron