Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Your favorite Peerless/Tymphany driver(s)

124»

Comments

• In the world of audio where power cords can cost you thousands the difference is well worth it. ;)

• Thanks Johnny!

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • @rjj45 said:
    I can't see a lot of difference between the "regular" XT25 versions and the Beast Mode (Double magnet) XT25 - is the Beast worth the extra price?

It definitely is imo. The beast mode also as a little more "air" in the top octave (one of the reasons I used it on the WG).

rjj45
  • At least here in Canada, a lot of the Peerless drivers are very good value.

The SLS series woofers are quite good for the price in my experience, and where you prioritize the ability to rock over absolute detail retrieval, really excellent when used in their intended range. I have the 12" and the 8" versions, and am impressed with both.

I have some of the 8" HDS, haven't used them yet, but heard them at the meniscus DIY a few years back in at least one design and was impressed.

I REALLY like the Da25tx/da32tx... they may be my favourite metal domes available, I consider them a worthy successor to the seas 27tbfg, at 20% less $$$. Haven't heard the newer seas metal domes, but am not terribly excited to at those price points.

• @BrannigansLaw said:
    At least here in Canada, a lot of the Peerless drivers are very good value.

The SLS series woofers are quite good for the price in my experience, and where you prioritize the ability to rock over absolute detail retrieval, really excellent when used in their intended range. I have the 12" and the 8" versions, and am impressed with both.

I have some of the 8" HDS, haven't used them yet, but heard them at the meniscus DIY a few years back in at least one design and was impressed.

I REALLY like the Da25tx/da32tx... they may be my favourite metal domes available, I consider them a worthy successor to the seas 27tbfg, at 20% less $$$. Haven't heard the newer seas metal domes, but am not terribly excited to at those price points.

Yea, but are they available anywhere in Canada?

• edited November 2022

DA25TX, DA25BG, and DA32TX are out of stock at Solen and Digikey.

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • @e6zion said:

@BrannigansLaw said:
    At least here in Canada, a lot of the Peerless drivers are very good value.

Yea, but are they available anywhere in Canada?

Couldn't tell you, I don't have a realtime inventory dashboard for drivers at various vendors. They were last time I looked on Solen, that's where I got mine, and where they were great value.

• Sorry, wasn't trying to be snarky... I was looking for a pair and maybe some other peerless drivers and have some travel to Montreal next week, but couldn't find them anywhere in CA.

• @e6zion said:
    Sorry, wasn't trying to be snarky...

No problem, me too; caught me in a cranky mood, and no reason I should take that out here.

I have a business account at solen so I have a 'dealer' catalog that I consult rather than look at the website, it's easier just to search for model #s in a pdf than the website. But it doesn't list stock. A real bummer that those are OOS, and no 'backorders allowed', so possibly discontinued altogether :(

One thing solen does is put peerless drivers on sale for very good prices, sometimes they aren't even on the sale page, but if you look for the crossed out costs you can find them:

https://solen.ca/en/brands/peerless/products

• I just picked up some Visaton waveguides. If someone wants to crank out some adapters I'd be interested. Otherwise I'll have to try and make some by hand, which I'm not looking forward to :#

• I might be able to print some adapters. Send me a PM with what you would like done.
    Be warned, I'm slow and flaky.

6thplanetBrannigansLawSteve_LeeDrewsBrews
  • I could print some as well.

Steve_LeeDrewsBrews
  • Whoever wants to is fine. Just checking in case anyone is making some for themselves and is ok to crank out a couple more. I'm perfectly capable of cleaning up the raw printed part so no expectations for that. Tape em between a couple pieces of cardboard and throw em in a shipping envelope is fine for me.

• Post the file you want printed and I'll try to work it in.

• @kenrhodes said:
    Post the file you want printed and I'll try to work it in.

I messaged ya.

• Quite a few Tymphany drivers on sale over at Mad...

rjj45
    I have a signature.