Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Three way with the RAAAAAAAAL 64-10

1235»

Comments

• beer can caps

jr@macani_101ugly_woofertajaneshifisideEggguySteve_LeeWolfjohnny5jzsquamishdrocand 2 others.
  • edited January 23

I can’t find the measurement, but when I was tweaking the crossover on my RS270-MDM55-Airborne5002, I pumped up the SPL to see what would get stressed. It looked to me like the RS270 distortion was rising, but the MDM55 was still pretty happy, And the 5002 was very happy being crossed high. I should have taken polars, though.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • I like the nice thick leads on the Clarity caps - they are my go to caps these days.

jholtzrjj45
  • I might get around to finishing these this weekend and will post a few measurements with Nick's permission, of course.

I have a signature.
  • @squamishdroc said:
    I like the nice thick leads on the Clarity caps - they are my go to caps these days.

They still can break...ask me how I know. grrrrr.

• Wolfhifiside6thplanetrjj45Nicholas_23tajanes
    I have a signature.
  • Insomnia has its advantages. Got the crossovers buttoned up.

Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • How do you solder the foil?

• @Kornbread said:
    How do you solder the foil?

Make a solder pad and then solder the wire to that.

I have a signature.
  • Nicholas_23ugly_woofer6thplanet
    I have a signature.
  • I like to roll the foil around solid core wire and solder.

• @Wolf said:
    I like to roll the foil around solid core wire and solder.

+1

• Playing nice. Nick, you will like these, I think.

Sorry for red blurs, can't share those yet.

rjj45hifisideR-Carpenter
    I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:

Sorry for red blurs, can't share those yet.

Damn, I was going to name my next pair of speakers the "Red Blurs", guess you beat me to it....

DrewsBrewsjr@macWolfSteve_Lee
  • Looking good sir ! You should see how many three ways you can fit in that room lol. Dont tell Brad I already got a sneak peak. No listen , just a look. B)

• @Nicholas_23 said:
    Looking good sir ! You should see how many three ways you can fit in that room lol. Dont tell Brad I already got a sneak peak. No listen , just a look. B)

Currently including yours I have four pair of three ways in the room. Two 8" based and two 6.5" based. One of the 6.5" is the MAC builds the other uses all Radio Shack drivers.

I have a signature.
  • If I move the 3-way that uses our sample drivers, I would have five. I can also move the Insomniacs in there to total six. If I lugged Taiga downstairs I would have seven. I'm going to add Iaell in a few months, as well. I am also going to build Taiga v2 this summer.

So yeah, little 3-way happy here. 🤔🤔

jholtzSteve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • Oh, and my garage speaks are also 3-ways, so there you have it. 2-ways are boring lol.

rjj45Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • What about 4 ways?

Steve_Lee
  • I actually run all of them downstairs with dual powered subs, so all downstairs three ways are four ways.

6thplanetColonel7Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • Slight hiccup - one of the Morel was bad out of the box. Nick ordered a replacement, so will soon be buttoned up.

Steve_Lee6thplanetWolfrjj45
    I have a signature.
  • These went home today, hope Nick enjoys them as much as the missus and I did.

Steve_Leehifiside
    I have a signature.
  • To all involved , thank you!
    Thank you to Brad and Jr. I love these, thank you for everyone involved and your input. These are wonderful , I havent given them the time on other music yet, but have been listening to them on acoustics . Just wonderful. The sealed low end is beautiful. Sorry , working on figuring out why elbow joints and knee joint feels crispy and stiff. Peace , Ill post back.

hifisideSteve_Leejr@mac
  • There ya go😈

• Little trouble in paradise, stay tuned. I have a theory - will see what the measurement stand shows.

I have a signature.