Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Tweeter Recommendations

13»

Comments

• Good stuff. This is one of the areas where I need to make improvements on my builds.

• I will be using a 9'' baffle with a 1/2'' roundover.

• @Shawn_K said:
    I currently been testing the Hiquiphon OW2 in a waveguide with a 2.8kHz filter to better match the directivity of the 4-inch SEAS W12CY006 Midrange.

I used the OW1 down below 2K in a 2-way this past year - never breaks a sweat. Depending on the waveguide geometry crossing that low may be problematic, however.

I have a signature.
  • @a4eaudio said:
    My cart is at $93 so I'll add at least one to get free shipping and post measurements.

You ever get around to doing any experimenting with this? I am curious if my trick regarding loosening and re-tightening the faceplate screws helped with that resonance.

I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:

@Shawn_K said:
    I currently been testing the Hiquiphon OW2 in a waveguide with a 2.8kHz filter to better match the directivity of the 4-inch SEAS W12CY006 Midrange.

I used the OW1 down below 2K in a 2-way this past year - never breaks a sweat. Depending on the waveguide geometry crossing that low may be problematic, however.

I've used OW1 and OW2 LR4 at 2200 without issues.

• @jr@mac said:

@a4eaudio said:
    My cart is at $93 so I'll add at least one to get free shipping and post measurements.

You ever get around to doing any experimenting with this? I am curious if my trick regarding loosening and re-tightening the faceplate screws helped with that resonance.

All I've been able to do is take an impedance sweep and confirm there is a bump there. I plan on doing several speaker experiments next week when I'm off work.

jr@mac