Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Tweeter sale at Solen

124»

Comments

• I wonder if they're not trying to transition over from one site to the other while still trying to maintain some business continuity
  • I wonder if they're not trying to transition over from one site to the other while still trying to maintain some business continuity
    I build websites and I think that's what's happening.
  • Has anyone who participated in the pseudo group buy done anything with their tweets? I'm still sitting on mine as usual.   
    My signature goes here
  • Not yet, but I ended up with the same woofer and tweeter pairing as ben.ets see how many I can squeeze in spring
  • Are all those Wavecor tweeters yours Bryan?
  • One pair will go with my Focal 6K4411, some time this summer.  Not sure about the other pair.
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • PWRRYD said:
    Are all those Wavecor tweeters yours Bryan?
    Yes.  I couldn't help myself.  Unfortunately, it has not yet sparked any creative energy.
    My signature goes here
  • I bought two pair of the TW022WA04 tweeters and found a good use for them.  It turns out they're very simple to deflange and they fit the Radio Shack Minimus 7 tweeter plate cutout perfectly.  I've done two pair: one with the Tymphany TPY04W08O001ES 4" (NLA, a PE buyout several years ago) and one with Dayton Audio CF120-4 woofer.  The TW022 is really a nice tweeter.  I crossed the TPY04 pair LR4 at 3 KHz and the CF120 pair LR4 at 2 KHz.  Very happy with how they turned out and how they sound.
    jr@macTurn2Bryan@MACkennykS7910squamishdroc
  • Went to buy some stuff from Solen today and it looks like the site is down. I get the 500 internal server error. Maybe they are rolling out the updated site?
  • Solen works for me this morning.

Ron
  • A week before xmas would be an incredibly poor time to roll out a new website, so it's highly unlikely that's what is going on. It's more likely just Solen's site being Solen. It's working fine today.
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Works for me also.
  • For anyone that hasn't enough drivers stocked on the shelf, there's still some Wavecor WF152BD03 available at Solen for CAD$40. 4 left as I type this:

https://solen.ca/products/speakers/home-speakers/mid-woofers/wf152bd03/

These are 4 ohm drivers, makes for a nice 91dB@2.83V sensitivity for a compact 2-way or as a midrange in a big 3-way.

• Just going to post this little gem here, act quick only 4 available:
    https://solen.ca/products/speakers/home-speakers/tweeters/ld25x/

• It's a gem as long as it's from the good production run. Bob pulled them from the market because of QC issues. The dome assembly was not always aligned well and the number of poor units was very high. 
  • Another sale at Solen:

From the 25th to the 29th of November 2019. We will accept all reasonable offers on items currently in stock. A final counter offer may be given to you. Please make your offers at solen@solen.ca

• Noted, thanks dB.
  • where do you make the offers?
  • Read my post again.
  • dcibel said:
    Another sale at Solen:

From the 25th to the 29th of November 2019. We will accept all reasonable offers on items currently in stock. A final counter offer may be given to you. Please make your offers at solen@solen.ca

That's good timing - was just thinking about the next project ;)

• dcibel said:
    Another sale at Solen:

That's good timing - was just thinking about the next project ;)
    I'll give you a good deal on a pair of Dayton PM220 and/or some TangBand 3" fullrange drivers ;)
    squamishdroc
  • I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Good news if you've been looking for those Bliesma tweeters on this side of the pond, they're listed at Solen now ;)
  • dcibel said:
    Good news if you've been looking for those Bliesma tweeters on this side of the pond, they're listed at Solen now ;)
    Pricy  :o