Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Tweeter sale at Solen

Comments

• Looks like it pairs well with your banana. ;)
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Here are the Wavecor TW022WA05 and TW030WA01 and some assorted fruit, veggies and an egg.

cssaudio1JasonPThumperTombrek81
    My signature goes here
  • No imgurians in here? Ignore the banana reference then 
    Bryan@MACJasonP
  • would a minion do? baba-baba-ba-banana???
  • lime in the coconut song keeps going through my head
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • The Kirmit version?
  •   PWRRYD said:
    The Kirmit version?

not until now...

I'll owe you for that one

PWRRYD
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • This is getting really weird ....
  • Kornbread said:
    This is getting really weird ....
    I'm still waiting for the Mah Na Mah Na clip from the Muppets....
  • PWRRYD said:
    Kornbread said:
    Do the Minions work?

https://youtu.be/wCkerYMffMo

What am I doing wrong that only the link shows up?

• edited November 2017
    S7910 said:
    PWRRYD said:
    Kornbread said:
    Do the Minions work?

Good question.  I copied your link and got the preview.  Did you post from a mobile device maybe?  I'm on my PC.  No clue if that makes a difference.

My signature goes here
  •    All I get is, "Watch this video on youtube.  Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner."

• Im impressed , that was some fast shipping from "Americas hat" I also received my order. 

Take this info with a grain of salt.  
    Things get wonky past 5k and do not match up very well . These are surface mounted and on a 10"x7.5" baffle. 1/48th smoothing FWIW.
    Physically these are two different drivers . One has the dome physically attached to the front of the motor while the other is integrated into the faceplate. I spoke to Allan at wavecor via email and didnt get much accomplished except for when they were manufactured, "Your tweeter 1 was manufactured in late 2012 while tweeter 2 is from 2008" . I ended up speaking with Solen and they were very couth about replacing the drivers with the non ferrofluid version. Very nice of them. I can only speculate that the wonky frequency response past 5k is due to the physical build of the drivers. Call me out is Im missing something. 

• Bryan@MAC said:
    S7910 said:
    PWRRYD said:
    Kornbread said:
    Do the Minions work?

Good question.  I copied your link and got the preview.  Did you post from a mobile device maybe?  I'm on my PC.  No clue if that makes a difference.

I'm on a PC. Win8.1 using Firefox. I don't own a mobile device so I have no idea if that would make a difference or not.
  • The next sweet deal at Solen, anyone up for a new pair of subwoofers?

https://solen.ca/products/speakers/home-speakers/subwoofers/srw8000-4/

Only 1 pair available, get them while they're hot!

• Oh my....no.  No no no.

dcibelkennykjr@mac
    My signature goes here
  • Now, how to fit it in the ‘72?
    I have a signature.
  • 32" + 32" = 64, I would say you would have about 8" to spare....!
  • edited November 2017
    Ah! The old Clarion Thunderdome! From what I heard 15+ years ago is that they had too heavy a cone and too little a magnet and were overdriven fairly easily. Audiobahn's 34" wok wasn't much better I hear.
  • edited November 2017
    To clarify, Wolf you heard about it, but you didn't hear it, right? ;)

So 32" is 4.5x the surface area of a 15" driver. So the pair of 32" drivers is equal surface area to NINE 15" drivers. I think even if the xmax were 2mm you'd still get some pretty thunderous output, though the frequency range may be limited to very low frequency, so call it a sub-subwoofer, and then crossover to a normal subwoofer at 30-50Hz.

Sounds like a fun time to me! B)
  • My ears hurt just looking at it.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Sweet - brings back memories of the old car stereo comps back in the 90's - beds full of subs!
  • Correct, I have not heard it myself. None of my friends had enough cash or real estate in their cars to run them.
  • edited December 2017
    So I figured out how to make Solen's site go fast. You'll want to bookmark this gem, the search bar does amazing things:

http://magento.solen.ca/

• Wow! Thats terrific, like lightning compared to the regular speed. 
  • I seem to see a difference in sale prices between the fast and slow modes.  For example, the TW022WA04 shows up as $36.87 CAD in fast mode, but $19.14 CAD in slow mode.  Anyone else see the same difference?
  • Those are two different sites. Different prices and the layout is slightly different.
  • Also (at least when I looked) quantities weren't shown, and items they no longer stock, or don't have in stock show up on the fast one - which was no faster for me than the normal site. I've not really had a speed problem with Solen's site
  • solen.ca has been better the past few days, over last weekend it was awful, sometimes timing out entirely with "site did not respond" messages.

Anyway, it looks like the site I found has some inconsistencies, it's probably best not to use that to make purchases.