Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Guitar Build , Audio related

13»

Comments

• Yeah gold is pretty when it's new, it has some maintenance to keep it nice, but eventually ya have to replace it.
  • For sure , the oils from the hands sure takes a toll on it over the years. 
  • Onto the some hardware progress . Picked up some "gretschbuckers" online from ebay. I couldnt spend the cash on TVjones , $$$ ,and guitar fetish foils were not to spec for size. 
    PWRRYDS79104thtry
  • I gave up and gave the body to a friend to finish. Ive seen his work and he knows what hes doing . He's even block sanding the damn thing!  I met him and a local body shop store and picked out a green that we think should look pretty decent. Ford Jalapeno green . Ford used used the body color on there late 90's rangers. 
  • Hmmm , sorry , wasnt able to upload images
  • try this again

4thtry6thplanet
  • edited October 2019
    My next project is a bass build. I'm liking this project! 👍🏻
    .....wait is this the guitar the pick-ups you sent me came out of?
  • Poor grammar in previous post "their" not there. Those pick ups you have didnt bolt up to spec . There was some spacing and hard mount issues with the pick guard 
  • Im curious how yours turns out
  • what do you guys think about this green? 
  • I like the green, I like the pick guard, I don't like them together. To me red + green = Christmas, my opinion.🤷🏻‍♂️ Now if that pick guard was a black/gold swirly thing.....
  • 6thplanet said:
    I like the green, I like the pick guard, I don't like them together. To me red + green = Christmas, my opinion.I🤷🏻‍♂️ Now if that pick guard was a black/gold swirly thing.....
    Is it the shade of green with the tortoise shell pickguard ? The pick guard is more of a brown with gold FWIW , the pictures might make it look redish
    what do you guys think about this green? 
  • I think the green looks cool with that pick guard.  With the gold hardware and pick-ups it will have a cool vintage look. 
  • Son of a bitch biting cock sucker . Any advice or tips?

• MF!!! My take, remove the bridge. Dremel the broken screw flat. Center punch. Drill hole for an easy out. Or Dremel a slot and use a flat blade screwdriver. Slot method requires " be super fuckin careful "
  • You can buy a set of left twist drill bits at Campbell Supply, Nick. That plus a center punch should do the trick. I might even have the relevant tools here.
    I have a signature.
  • As others have stated, no big deal to get the broken theaded shaft out.  But my question is... how in the wide world of sports did a metal fastener break when threaded into a wooden body?  Yikes!
  • Cheep screws. Just had it happen with a drywall screw this morning. 
  •  Chinesium hardware packaged with items just isn't what it used to be! Cheap pot metal junk.