Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Micro Bitty, Son of Itty Bitty

2»

Comments

• Oh thats right. Forgot about what it is for. d'oh!. Good guy Kenny, keepin' to the rules. 
  • Thicken one of the wall to reduce volume. It is gross internal volume - the wall thickness is not part of the 3L
  • The plastic surgery is over. The offending excess has been exercised....... exactly!  :p
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Spekasuction
  • Looks good Kenny.  Can't believe Chuck is forfeiting his title...
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Just don't know where I would use them John. I now have like 4 pairs of "contest" speakers and I only use 1 pr of those! Of course, they all beat Ben, so......
    PWRRYDJasonPkennykTurn2ThumperTomS7910Mzisserson
  • Haha nice Chuck. I often wondered why participate if it's not something you have a purpose for unless it's to gift it or sell it. some of the ideas are kind of out there so it may not be your primary speakers. I guess you can always add a pair to the bathroom. 
  • I don't think any of the "Wide Body" entries would fit in any of my bathrooms LOL
  • But this "micro" theme is quite practical. Could easily gift a small pair away. 
    jhollander
  • They fit my "carry on" theme.
  • PWRRYD said:
    Oh snap!
    Hehe. He wont admit it of course. Jeez, i even congratulated him on a win (thinking i really had no chance) BEFORE the contest. Then won with my ribbon 2way. And his won MWAF that year.

Another time was with my Armonicos  (the only contest theme i use daily). Jeff won (but emailed to congratulate me). 

The widebody i did more because Mike really wanted them. They reside at his place now. We might do some more on them later. 

For now, unless i find a purpose, im not going to enter. Pushing the limits of the rules can be fun and challenging but not ideal for me right now. I have many other things that are changing my life and way of thinking. Plus some other interesting prospects that require my attention.

Nothing against the contest at all. I think its great, but certain aspects need to change if it is to be relevant and kept on a non-bias level.
    kennyk
  • Well, did some quickie measurements. First a FR at 14in, then a near field woofer measurement, finally a near field port measure. Same wattage/juice fore each.

greywardenjr@mac
  • Was retesting and one AMT mini was out to lunch.......DAMN! So, I beat up the XO, then tested the AMT alone and no go. :'(  I decided to take it apart to find out the problem, since I have to order another. Then I saw a small particle of something on the membrane. Trying to remove it I realized it was attracted to the magnet. After I removed it, lo and behold, the tweet was restored! B)
    squamishdrocTurn2greywarden4thtry
  • Well, after about 6 diff xo's, the micro-bitty will come to DDIY. I found them to be one MF'er to put together. The actual usable volume is less than 2L-10lb of shit in a 5lb bag. I'm finished designing with the Designer series. Hey Bartender! make it a triple and leave the bottle!
    R-CarpenterTurn2greywardenFaceD1PP1NJasonP4thtrysquamishdroc