Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Sales, deals, and steals - formerly known as the "PE DOTD" thread.

Comments

• At Madisound -
    SB Acoustics SB21RDCN-C000-4 $36 and
    SB Acoustics SB15CAC30-8 $69

• Score! Been looking for a shallow mount neo motored sub for the car. Thanks for posting👍🏼

• @6thplanet said:
    Score! Been looking for a shallow mount neo motored sub for the car. Thanks for posting👍🏼

I have been also. But the 8 ohm impedance, and that I have another 10" still in the box, stopped me.

• What ten you have?

• @6thplanet said:
    What ten you have?

Max-X

• Yeah, that's a biggun. About 10 lbs to heavy and definitely to deep. I'm sure if ya have the room it'll do the deed. I'm not worried about the 8 ohms, couple hundred watts is fine for my system.

• @6thplanet said:
    Yeah, that's a biggun. About 10 lbs to heavy and definitely to deep. I'm sure if ya have the room it'll do the deed. I'm not worried about the 8 ohms, couple hundred watts is fine for my system.

I took the easy way out. I will just build a sealed box for it in the cargo area. Seems like a really nice sub. Definitely not a shallow mount.

6thplanet
  • Got it today, really bitchin design! It'll probably get installed next year. Hopefully metal prices won't be to much worse.

duanebro
  • Definitely not a DOTD... more of a gripe actually. I was looking through PE's latest flyer "The sounds of the season". Literally half of the 36 pages have zero sale prices at all and some of the other 16 that do only have one or two things on sale.

I see that the Lepai LP-2020TI is on sale now for $32.98! Regular price is $34.98. I bought one a few years ago for ~$16.00. They may have been on sale for even less? Off rant now.

• As Ed McMahon used to say on the Tonight Show "You are correct, sir!"

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • I noticed the same thing too. Out of 5 the pages of drivers for home use, almost all shown are Dayton and none are on sale. 2 pages of car drivers - no sale pricing there either. First they went from 20% sale pricing years ago to 10% the last few years - now they are at 0% plus inflation pricing.

• I just ordered a UM12-22 - not a cheap piece of gear at $237. Expected to find the standard PE coupons for future discounts.
    WAAH. Nothing in the box. Times are tight it seems.

Steve_Lee
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • I found a PE discount code at one of the online sites for 10% 2 days ago.

Ron

• Recent PE sale emails have had 2 coupons attached to them.

• @Wolf said:
    Recent PE sale emails have had 2 coupons attached to them.

Interesting! I must conclude "Dad always liked you better"
    Went back to September emails, and no coupons found in my inbox. Oh well....

• I received my PE order today and it had a coupon inside for Oct, Nov, Dec.

$20 off $200 order with code NOV2022
    $15 off $150 order with code DEC2022

Ron

• Thanks Ron! My box must have been packed on a Monday morning....

• Or a Friday afternoon...

• I belong to Santa Fe Makerspace, and a friend there printed out 4 of the Vifa XT25 adapters for the Visaton 148 waveguides. I just ordered Qty 4 of the XT25 beast mode tweeters. Gonna have some fun! But that future project is way down in the stack.

• edited November 2022

My IT manager at work recently printed me a pair of those waveguide adaptors with the tapered holes (that mount the adapter to the guide) and a pair of the ones that don't have tapered holes. They both will work great but the file for the ones with the tapered holes will require you to open up the notches for the terminals a bit. No big deal, shouldn't take more than a minute or two with a file. He printed mine with some orange PLA so I'll hit the exposed part with a little flat black spray paint. Looking forward to measuring and listening to the Beast Mode in that particular WG.

rjj45
  • edited November 2022

I guess that I'm the only one not entirely thrilled with the Visaton wg. It's okay, but I think it's too deep.

BrannigansLaw
  • edited November 2022

Craig - can you post that file?

• @Tom_S said:
    Craig - can you post that file?

Please do if it's different from: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4714668
    Thanks,
    Nate

• Dayton PM220 and PM180 are on "pre-black Friday sale." Looks like the 220 could be a potential option for an 8in two-way with the Beast mode tweeter you all are excited about. Never used a pair, but the PM220 always struck me as one of the more overlooked of the Dayton offerings.

https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-PM220-8-8-Wideband-Midbass-Neo-Driver-295-345

https://audioxpress.com/article/test-bench-dayton-audio-pm220-8-wideband-neodymium-8-woofer

• Someone, please tell me they are not worth it...
    https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/deal_of_the_day

Deal of the Day! PTT6.5M08-NFA-01 6.5" Ultra Low Distortion Midrange- 8 ohm - PAIR
    $499.00

hifiside
  • @rstillin said:
    Someone, please tell me they are not worth it...
    https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/deal_of_the_day

Deal of the Day! PTT6.5M08-NFA-01 6.5" Ultra Low Distortion Midrange- 8 ohm - PAIR
    $499.00

I will. There Not worth it.! That’s right I said it.

Steve_Lee
  • Saw that, and only now realize it's for a PAIR!
    That said, these are the midrange, so 2 other drivers are required per side over that of a 2way with the woofer version.

• Im not sure if they're worth it either , but holy smokes at the FR !

• Probably worth for a high end 3 way build. Sadly, these are a restock and only 1 pair.