Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Sales, deals, and steals - formerly known as the "PE DOTD" thread.

Comments

• Definitely the end of an era, and Mark if you are reading this: enjoy your retirement and thank you for having been an option for so many years. What are the plans for the big CNC?

Steve_Leejholtz
    I have a signature.
  • I stopped by yesterday to pick up a tweeter and spoke with Mark. He indicated that he's keeping the CNC for now. He also indicated that they are working on some way to keep Jeff B's designs available. I too wish him well in his retirement. Such a class act!

• Hate to see Meniscus close down, but wish Mark the best in retirement. I recommend it for everyone. That essentially just leaves Madisound as an alternative to PE.

• edited June 2023

Yes, happy retirement to Mark and Chad!

Misco Bold North
    USSpeaker
    PE
    Mad
    Solen
    Gersbach-Sound-Technik with free shipping https://www.ebay.com/str/gersbachsoundtechnik
    Mouser carries some from Visaton etc...
    Newark
    Digikey

Steve_Lee
  • You forgot about that new startup, Jule...something. :p

Steve_Leehifisideugly_wooferPWRRYDjr@mac6thplanet
  • And I did not mention Parts Connexion in Canada or Michael Percy, as they are xover components or electronic parts only. They don't sell drivers. I have ordered from both.

• Wow did the leftover kits at Meniscus go quickly. There's just a couple left. I snagged the last "Carrera" on a WTF impulse. This will be the most "high end" build for me to date.

rjj45hifiside6thplaneta4eaudio
  • @tommytunes50 said:
    Wow did the leftover kits at Meniscus go quickly. There's just a couple left. I snagged the last "Carrera" on a WTF impulse. This will be the most "high end" build for me to date.

Could have splurged and went with the Spirit Winds :p

• @PWRRYD said:

@tommytunes50 said:
    Wow did the leftover kits at Meniscus go quickly. There's just a couple left. I snagged the last "Carrera" on a WTF impulse. This will be the most "high end" build for me to date.

Could have splurged and went with the Spirit Winds :p

Yeah, for another grand I could've. Carrera felt pretty splurgey for me already.

PWRRYDSteve_Lee
  • I believe that is the one I have. Works like a champ.

I have a signature.
  • @Nicholas_23 said:
    For you Dewalt guys .... I would snag one up but, Im already living in the Milwaukee world .
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007NVSSFS/?creative=9325&camp=1789&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&ascsubtag=ky5z9ras3lb3ex06skjara4AQWu6hp3W

The mothership also has some DeWalt deals over at Woot! for the next 10 days. Not sure how good the deals really are though.

https://www.woot.com/plus/its-a-dewalt-tool-and-accessory-celebration?ref=w_ngh_dd_et

• Are the cebo caps at Meniscus good? Anything else I should stock up on now with the 50% discount?

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • @jr@mac said:
    I believe that is the one I have. Works like a champ.

I have one of those also - love it, but sometimes I wish it had a laser guide. Also the dust blower seems to blow right into my face!

Nicholas_23
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • I like the Cebo caps. And at 50% you can’t go wrong. The Lynx resistors too. My .02

rjj45
  • I just restocked on Cebo and sandcasts....

rjj45
  • I have a million caps, I'll let ya'll load up.

I have a signature.
  • At the discount cart prices, the sandcast resistors are going for 1/8 retail of PE's Dayton sandcast resistors. You likely won't see resistors for 16 cents again. Get them while you can....

rjj45
  • I have a million old scholl Dale and Dale style resistors, I'll let ya'll stock up.

I have a signature.
  • I’m waiting on the twisted wire.

• @Wolf said:
    At the discount cart prices, the sandcast resistors are going for 1/8 retail of PE's Dayton sandcast resistors. You likely won't see resistors for 16 cents again. Get them while you can....

Where?

• I just ordered a bunch of Lynk and a few sandcast.

Last week I ordered a pair of the Eclipse 8 ohm 6.5" woofers.

Sad to see Meniscus go :(

jholtz
    I have a signature.
  • I ordered a pair of the small Fountek ribbons.

• I got a pair of the Eclipse woofers. Anyone know offhand what the Xmax and Xlim are?

• edited June 2023

Xmax was like 6.5mm, iirc. Xlim is long, maybe Billet can answer that...

• edited June 2023

Thanks Ben! You know everything I think.
    Um, you are not that good.
    I should have said "I think you know everything about speakers"

• edited June 2023

Xlim isn't that much. They will bottom out fairly easily.

rjj45
    I have a signature.
  • Don't know if anyone noticed, or cared, but on FB DIY Loudspeakers, there is a guy in Central Illinois with about 10 church pews available for speaker project wood. Looks like oak.

• @rjj45 said:
    Don't know if anyone noticed, or cared, but on FB DIY Loudspeakers, there is a guy in Central Illinois with about 10 church pews available for speaker project wood. Looks like oak.

Maybe for a new PE kit - the O’Pews…

rjj45e6zioncharlielaub6thplanettajanesSteve_Leehifiside