Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Sales, deals, and steals - formerly known as the "PE DOTD" thread.

Comments

• I'm passing, I have enough bread and butter drivers.

I have a signature.
  • edited May 2023

^^^ Same here . . . I have been trying hard not to pick-up those Peerless 830656 woofers for $16.50 ea but shipping makes them $25 ea.

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-5-woofers/peerless-830656-5.25-woofer/

I really want to put them away for the Realistic Minimus-11 Rebuild project along with those Dayton ND20FB-4's

www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-ND20FB-4-Rear-Mount-3-4-Soft-Dome-Neodymium-Tweeter-275-035?quantity=1

• Yeah, same boat. Sorry Craig you'll have to go it alone :)

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • @PWRRYD said:
    So fess up... who has used the Memorial Day discount and ordered some of the new SIG series Daytons?

I did. Since PE is also carrying the Visaton waveguide I'm going to try the SIG180 with an RST28F in the waveguide. I can't work on them for awhile but I will measure them and post here at MAC within a few days of receiving them.

Steve_Lee
  • I'm gonna pass too. Too many drivers and projects in the que.

• @DrewsBrews said:
    0 days since last incident

Dang, put in an order for some Peerless SDS-P830855 last night. Now that the SIG ones are available need to reevaluate.

[Edit] $11 more ea and higher tune. Think I'll stick with the peerless for now. Gotta have fun with em while they are still around.

Missed this earlier...
    That 3.5" Peerless thinks it's a 6.5" woofer, and has put out some bass extension some 8" woofers are jealous of.

Steve_Lee
  • The ad copy says the Signature Series have aluminum shorting rings, but so did most of the Peerless HDS.
    I do not need drivers either, but it seems that I am deficient in 5.25" woofers and robust small diameter tweeters.

By the way, sweeps of the Kartesian lead me to think I do nor need a robust tweeter as it goes high on its own.

• I can't see on the spec sheet where it has a shorting ring, nor on the product page. Where am I missing it?

I have a signature.
  • Nevermind, I see it now.

I have a signature.
  • Based on the aluminum sleeve alone, I caved and bought the 6.5" version.

PE shit ass website code didn't work for me, so I'll email them Tuesday and tell them owe me $12.

I have a signature.
  • I almost ordered the 5.25", but pulled them out just before I ordered. I didn't need them.
    The code worked for me, but PE's site has been flaky off and on today for me. It only loaded well a couple hours ago when I was able to order the few items I required.

• @jr@mac said:
    I'm passing, I have enough bread and butter drivers.

@jr@mac said:
    Based on the aluminum sleeve alone, I caved and bought the 6.5" version.

I admire your steely resolve and unflinching willpower!
    =)

Steve_Lee
  • edited May 2023

JR was just listening to his inner Beonce.. Welp, they put a ring on it.

Went to Menards for some trim for the room I've been working on. A few more 8ft shelving boards followed me home. Found a couple of the 4ft sections that were 9/8" thick for $2.69 so those.. followed me home too. Guess they will make for some nice thick baffles.

Steve_Lee
  • @a4eaudio said:

@jr@mac said:
    I'm passing, I have enough bread and butter drivers.

@jr@mac said:
    Based on the aluminum sleeve alone, I caved and bought the 6.5" version.

I admire your steely resolve and unflinching willpower!
    =)

The shorting sleeve makes it a high value proposition at $50. Lot of driver for that kind of money.

I have a signature.
  • Used the code and already received my package. Exohyde, a couple PRs and some resistors to finish a mod on a ~12 year old project. No more drivers for me. [knock on wood.]

charlielaub
  • Some followed me home also.

jr@macNicholas_23
  • Found a big stack of 11 1/2 x 48" x3/4" shelves for $2.69 red tag (Menards). Could not find a $3.99 eight foot stack.

• They finally put the red tag on the 8 footers at my Menards. It could be still labeled $7.99 on the rack but will ring up $3.99 at the register.

4thtry
  • I'm sure everyone knows by now - Meniscus is closing, with 25% off. I am such a compulsive idiot - snagged a pair of RAALs for $300 total.

Steve_LeeNicholas_236thplanet
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • @rjj45 said:
    I'm sure everyone knows by now - Meniscus is closing, with 25% off. I am such a compulsive idiot - snagged a pair of RAALs for $300 total.

That sux.

rjj45
  • Yep. Seen that on Facebook. That does suck, sounds like we could see them as project bringer to show now. I better browse the website.

• I gave em some love . This is too bad.

• Bummer. Hard game to play nowadays....

• Oh no! Terrible news :'(

• When I was there last fall for the DIY event they were just getting this huge CNC up and running and had plans to make a bunch of kit flatpacks. I did not get the idea things were in a downward spiral or nearing the end, so this is a bit of a surprise and not a good one. And I had gathered up a bunch of stuff to throw off of the roof this year... :/

• Sad to hear the business won't be handed off to a new owner, but I'm happy to hear Mark will get to enjoy retirement and we may see him pop up at DIY events.

Steve_Leejholtz
  • Wonder where that coil winding machines going to go?

Steve_Lee
  • edited June 2023

that sucks... Good for Mark for looking to retire, but this was one of the really nice site to shop at.

on a side note, is there any code for the discount? there was a code being applied a couple of months earlier where there was a sale - don't see it now.

• edited June 2023

@ani_101 said:
    on a side note, is there any code for the discount? there was a code being applied a couple of months earlier where there was a sale - don't see it now.

It automatically applies once you go to your cart the first time. I put some tweeters in my cart and looked around for a while for the code. Went to the cart and it was then applied and updated whenever I added stuff and returned to the cart.

If not, it is "june25"