Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (6)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Third Summer Project

So several years ago I did a small 3-way using all MCM driver, and was unhappy with it. The KB series widerange I used as a mid did not have enough sensitivity to overcome some peaks/dips in the response (it has a response very similar to the Dayton PS95), etc. So I have an Aliexpress driver that more or less dropped into the cutout, and here we go.

I took basic on-axis this afternoon, so the following model is possibly not "good" but does show the potential in this driver combo.

Woofer in-box distortion:

Midrange in-box distortion:

Tweeter in-box distortion:

Gated raw responses:

I have not taken off-axis on this, so there may still be a surprise or two lurking but I went ahead and did some modeling for shitzengiggles. This uses a lot of components on the midrange to get the top end to blend with the tweeter, but they are largely small value shunt components, so it is probably worth it:

Anyways, while I'm waiting for a couple of 3D printed parts to arrive (no hurry, buddy!) I thought I would dust off this project and get it done. Likely replace the KRK monitors in our home bar in the future.

I have a signature.
JasonPSilver1omokenrhodesTurn24thtrykennykS7910rjj45

Comments