Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Sales, deals, and steals - formerly known as the "PE DOTD" thread.

Comments

• What program are you using to model the self-inductance, VituixCAD?

• edited April 2021

yes, it can do basic Le model, 2 point 1kHz and 10kHz model, and semi-inductance model. I had quite a time getting the semi-inductance model to characterize the curve well enough, I think it's because VituixCAD allows a maximum Ke of 1 sH, this driver is literally off the charts.

The values I landed on for the MX15 extended Z "semi-inductance" model are:
    Le 8.51mH
    Leb 1.5mH
    Ke 1.0sH
    Rss 50 Ohms

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Those response curves would work really well in a vehicle.

I have a signature.
  • Finally some drivers up. Beston rt002a $30, Peerless TG9FD $13, Peerless 835025 HDS $29

• Even if I wanted this it wouldn't matter. The PE home page has been completely disfunctional on Firefox for Mac for at least the last 2-3 weeks. If I want to see an item I have to google it and go directly to the dedicated page.

• Yes, it is a largely miserable experience on Chrome for desktop and mobile, and Edge too.

I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:
    Yes, it is a largely miserable experience on Chrome for desktop and mobile, and Edge too.

I generally refrain from opining on website changes because either the bugs get fixed or I learn the quirks or otherwise get used to the new website in pretty short order. This last PE change was apparently really bad though because months later and it's still costing me a lot of extra time to get anything done on it.

• edited July 2021

I've been using the search bar on the home page. It's not perfect but beats the awful slider range function. Search for terms like 10 ohms, 1.5mh and 10uf and you'll generally find the part your looking for.

Ron

• I had been doing the same thing - using the search to bypass those stupid sliders. But lately I can't get past the home screen using Chrome on my MacBook Air. Seems to work fine with Safari - which I never use.

• I really wish they had rolled out a Beta and offered to let some of the PETT users test it out. I'm not sure how these things work in real life, so maybe whatever software package they had been using had reached end-of-life. Their new design is, at its core, pretty much the same as every other largish online retailer - their implementation is just total shit. Not sure how much more complaining can be done - unless Stahl is stopping here to read this forum, it is obvious PE is not overly concerned with the amount of disappointment. They shut down threads at PETT whenever anyone is critical of the website, so it is unlikely they will address the most common complaints.

I have a signature.
  • edited July 2021

@Tom_S said:
    I had been doing the same thing - using the search to bypass those stupid sliders. But lately I can't get past the home screen using Chrome on my MacBook Air. Seems to work fine with Safari - which I never use.

This seems to be a bug with Mozilla default browsers on Mac. If I start Firefox in safe mode it works for a while.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/diagnose-firefox-issues-using-troubleshoot-mode?redirectslug=troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode&redirectlocale=en-US

I assume there's a similar procedure for Chrome. However, it sucks and it really isn't worth the hassle. There are literally no other web sites in existance where I've encountered this bug other than the PE home page.

• Hey guys.... you sound like a bunch of "teenage girls" :p

jr@mac6thplanetrjj45
  • Had a teenage girl in the house for years - I don't talk (or type/text) nearly that fast.

PWRRYD
  • Madisound has the Accuron c168-6-890 midbass for $599, down from $925, and while not exactly cheap, I have a pair of Bohzen ribbons that might make a good pairing. Could also make a badass 3 way crossed low to a sub in a shared box. What do you guy's think? I really, really don't need another project, but I just happened to see these.

• PE has a couple of the old Epique midrange drivers on clearance still.

• https://www.parts-express.com/4-Treated-Paper-Cone-Woofer-16-Ohm-299-320

Under $3 for these - might make for a fun and inexpensive triple woofer mini-tower.

I have a signature.
  • So proud of myself for NOT ordering a bunch of these today for a line array project. I don't need another "cheap" driver project. I have two pre-projects cooking with the higher end drivers I already have on my shelf.

rjj45Billet
  • This is interesting only to those who remember when the everyday price was around $35.

https://parts-express.com/Bohlender-Graebener-Neo3-PDRW-Planar-Tweeter-with-Back-Cup-264-7601

• The GRS knockoff literally is $35, $40 I suppose if you want the back cup.

• edited October 2021

I haven't heard a B&G neo I didn't like, but yeah, bit pricey now. The GRS stuff seems to be pretty damn close and priced right.

• edited October 2021

Today it's actually a driver.

Dayton Audio ND105-4 4" Aluminum Cone Midbass, $22.48 each.

https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-ND105-4-4-Aluminum-Cone-Midbass-Driver-4-Ohm-290-212

rjj45
  • @Turn2 said:
    Today it's actually a driver.

Dayton Audio ND105-4 4" Aluminum Cone Midbass, $22.48 each.

https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-ND105-4-4-Aluminum-Cone-Midbass-Driver-4-Ohm-290-212

I just used that in a small build. Awesome little fellow.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • @rjj45 said:

I just used that in a small build. Awesome little fellow.

Indeed you did. That's an overachiever tweeter as well. There you go, peeps!

https://diy.midwestaudio.club/discussion/comment/29955

• Regular price on the ND105 is now $30? Didn't those start off at $13 when they first came out? I think that's what I paid.

• 1995 Honda accord , 450,00 miles , some rust , hooker juice stains in back seat/passenger front, ran when parked . $10,000 obo , bill of sale only

• Its crazy with these new numbers people are asking now

• Look, another flashlight! Weeeee

• YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I ordered 15 flashlights so I could get free shipping.

jhollanderhifisideTurn26thplanet