Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

back to making sawdust...

edited January 6 in DIY

While we are still unpacking boxes from our move, and waiting for deliveries (some items are still months out) I got my garage shop set-up enough to start making sawdust.

I had a rather short entertainment center (black shelves in picture) which I extended via a waterfall cab design (took off the short legs it originally had), using some plywood and leftover house building materials (our appliance cabinet is covered in the same barn wood). I added a shelf above the original unit and made it deeper in the back to hide the equipment wires (not yet in place). Now if I can just get the a/v electrician out to finish up the wall plate and wiring…

Next up it’s time to make some new boxes; a three-way with Beyma 5cx200Nd coaxials (which many of you have provided input with a crossover -thanks) and the MCM 8’s (55-5670) suggested by Don.

Yes, it does seem to snow a bit more in Colorado than in the burbs of Chicago!

kenrhodessquamishdroc4thtryScottSRon_E

Comments

• Good luck with the entertainment center setup. Looks really nice. That is quite a bit of snow on that roof; we have had only a few inches so far in SE Wisconsin.

• Damn dude, that's some fine work! Funny, I miss snow like that, but after a couple of days in it, I'm done!

Don, Donno, or "Hey you" all work for me, But never "Mr Johnson"
  • 115 inches average here in Clark, CO

rjj45
  • Finally, up and running.

Up 'till now I've stuck with a 2 channel set-up, first time with adding two surround channels in the ceiling (no center necessary imo) via an a/v preamp. I do like a bit of surround (real and/or generated) with my music and concert videos. When listening to music I set surrounds down several dB's from what would be for the movie settings. Using a small parasound Zamp v.3 for the surrounds (45w into 8ohms) and the Legacy powerbloc4 to biamp front speakers (4 channels 325w @8ohm).
    Now to review the 'Adult Refreshments' discussions...

4thtry6thplanet
  • edited January 18

What's the coffee table wood? Same barn wood?

John H, thanks to JP I did get that email
  • Sorry, I’m not sure- my wife ordered the coffee table. It’s similar, but a smooth veneer surface.

• Nice looking fireplace!

• For sure, the fireplace accents the speakers nicely👍🏻

• Those speakers have a very low WAF, and I don't disagree. Good 'excuse' to make a smaller pair of speakers...darn