Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

back to making sawdust...

edited January 2022 in DIY

While we are still unpacking boxes from our move, and waiting for deliveries (some items are still months out) I got my garage shop set-up enough to start making sawdust.

I had a rather short entertainment center (black shelves in picture) which I extended via a waterfall cab design (took off the short legs it originally had), using some plywood and leftover house building materials (our appliance cabinet is covered in the same barn wood). I added a shelf above the original unit and made it deeper in the back to hide the equipment wires (not yet in place). Now if I can just get the a/v electrician out to finish up the wall plate and wiring…

Next up it’s time to make some new boxes; a three-way with Beyma 5cx200Nd coaxials (which many of you have provided input with a crossover -thanks) and the MCM 8’s (55-5670) suggested by Don.

Yes, it does seem to snow a bit more in Colorado than in the burbs of Chicago!

kenrhodessquamishdroc4thtryScottSRon_E

Comments

• Good luck with the entertainment center setup. Looks really nice. That is quite a bit of snow on that roof; we have had only a few inches so far in SE Wisconsin.

• Damn dude, that's some fine work! Funny, I miss snow like that, but after a couple of days in it, I'm done!

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • 115 inches average here in Clark, CO

rjj45
  • Finally, up and running.

Up 'till now I've stuck with a 2 channel set-up, first time with adding two surround channels in the ceiling (no center necessary imo) via an a/v preamp. I do like a bit of surround (real and/or generated) with my music and concert videos. When listening to music I set surrounds down several dB's from what would be for the movie settings. Using a small parasound Zamp v.3 for the surrounds (45w into 8ohms) and the Legacy powerbloc4 to biamp front speakers (4 channels 325w @8ohm).
    Now to review the 'Adult Refreshments' discussions...

4thtry6thplanet
  • edited January 2022

What's the coffee table wood? Same barn wood?

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Sorry, I’m not sure- my wife ordered the coffee table. It’s similar, but a smooth veneer surface.

• Nice looking fireplace!

• For sure, the fireplace accents the speakers nicely👍🏻

• Those speakers have a very low WAF, and I don't disagree. Good 'excuse' to make a smaller pair of speakers...darn