Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Carl and Stuart build

Comments

• These are incredible! you Sir, are very talented!

• Or just despicable....

• Thanks guy's. I realize that it's a strange little project, and not an all out quest for perfect sound but I like the challenge. I did wire these up after they were complete in their form, it was just a preliminary xover, but they weren't half bad, as a matter of fact, my wife was shocked that they sounded decent. Here's the squiggly lines.

ani_1016thplanet
  • I found these construction shots, I thought some of you might be interested in the early stages.

hifisidejhollanderPWRRYDJasonPSilver1omo6thplanetkenrhodesS7910Turn2ThumperTomand 2 others.
  • Despicable, just despicable.

• Did you turn the legs by hand, or just rotate and re-run through the router?

• I did a slow turn at the router by hand using a couple of push blocks.

• I gave these a quick wet sanding today. I really need to get going on these if I'm going to make MWAF.

kenrhodessquamishdrocSilver1omoSteve_LeeMikeg
  • So much awesome. Cool factor level 1billion

Steve_Lee
  • I was wondering what happened to these. I'm glad that you're still going with them.
    They really do look incredible, and I'd have to disagree with you, you are a pretty dang good sculptor!

Please play some 'Minion' sounds through them during your listening time at the Speaker Comp. Maybe the "Ba, Ba, Ba, Banana" song? :)

TomZ

• Wait till ya see the snazzy threads they're wearing🤘🏼

• Ooooohhh, pants.
    These were unbelievably difficult for me.

Steve_LeeNicholas_236thplanetsquamishdrocSilver1omorjj45kenrhodesS7910
  • @tomzarbo said:
    Please play some 'Minion' sounds through them during your listening time at the Speaker Comp. Maybe the "Ba, Ba, Ba, Banana" song? :)

TomZ

That's a great idea! Minion song it is!

• @ugly_woofer said:
    Ooooohhh, pants.
    These were unbelievably difficult for me.

Dude!!!! LOL , thats fantastic !

kenrhodes
  • It's a Minion onesie!
    I bet Universal contacts you about these speakers. If they do, don't take any less than $10,000 for them!

TomZ

• The port flap is the best! Shits awesome😁

• These are the hinges for the sides of their goggles. I made 6 even though I only need 4...... Just in case. The holder is just magnets in wood and I have a screw in each hinge, so I can hold the hinge by the screw and paint it and then set it back on the magnet

jr@mac6thplanetS7910
  • Dude, genius, I could have used that little trick the other day.👍🏼 Fucking magnets.

• Here's how they turned out. About 8 hrs of work for a small part.

Steve_Leejr@mac6thplanetkenrhodes
  • All in the details 🤘🏼

• As they say the devil is in the details, and I have so many to complete. UGH!

• Here's where I'm at right now with the one. Still need to add wires in the hands, so the fingers can be positioned and glue the rivets around the goggle. I also have to wet sand and polish the bases.

6thplanetSilver1omoNicholas_23KornbreadSteve_Leejhollanderrjj45tajanesWolfS7910and 3 others.
  • Dude. That's is....just....dude.

• Outrageous workmanship!

• Have you met or known of Nick!? He knows no other kind.

• The bases, because I needed a place for the crossover. I hope to get them sanded and polished this weekend. MWAF is coming up, and I have so much left to do.

PWRRYDjhollander
  • Bottom! Heeheeheehhee...

• That already looks sanded and polished in my book. Amazing job on these!

• @ugly_woofer said:
    These are the hinges for the sides of their goggles. I made 6 even though I only need 4...... Just in case. The holder is just magnets in wood and I have a screw in each hinge, so I can hold the hinge by the screw and paint it and then set it back on the magnet

Fack , I hate doing this , but I spy, with my little eye, a small block chevy with HEI . Not tryin to turn this into what JR's speaker thread/engine thing turned into . But... Deets ?Sorry or PM