Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

DYG's

Damn You Guys!! All this building going on has rekindled a fire to get something going. Ive been rethinking a project that didn't pan out since I have 2 enclosures together. I just added some amenities to the existing box. First off the failed project:

Swapped baffles and some other funny business:

4thtrySteve_Lee
ยซ1

Comments

• Now with all the goodies installed. Audax AM210Z2, HM100Z0, and AC APR2.1. Woofer tuned to 35hz. My frickin DATS took a shit on me. I tried to load a .zma file into it (wasn't sure if it'd do that) and the software crashed. WTF! Now it doesn't work. I don't have the software disk to try a reload, have to get the one at work. Fucking stupid. Anyway, I did play with stuffing the mid tunnel with a bunch of fluffy nonsense. I ran a piece of 1/4" x 2" wide felt around the diameter of the pipe up front to damp junk coming from the driver then stuffed it with polyfill, impedance sweep (before I killed it) showed a nice Fs peak at 395Hz. Probably start getting FR stuff soon, if I don't wreck Omnimic.๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

rjj45GowaS7910DanPe6ziondynamoTurn24thtrySteve_Lee
  • How do you guys come up with these sweet designs? All my stuff turns out as another boring box.

• I stared at this scribble for a couple years. I tend to draw things, then force them into existence.

R-Carpenter
  • I've got a quad of those Ushers to unload if you're interested...

• 6thplanet , check your mail. Sent you a link for DATS software download. Hopefully its what youre looking for. downloads as a zipped file so will need to unzip it.

• Thanks Nic
    Thanks for the offer Ben, but sold mine. Not really big enough to justify a three way and not capable of playing up to a ribbon for a two way. Nice woofer, just not for me.

• @Wolf said:
    I've got a quad of those Ushers to unload if you're interested...

Sent you a message Ben

• Thanks to Nicholas, the DATS is back in action. Delete and reinstall the software, V3 software will work with the V2 hardware. Got the .zma's and .frd's to play with now.

• Sweet , glad it worked brother

• Well this project took a turn. After messing around with it a bit, the woofer just wasn't happy. I was trying to make it work in a smaller than optimum enclosure, she just wasn't having it. So building on the same design, I rebuilt a set of enclosures with plenty of room to breathe. I'm ditching the extra piece on the front where the woofer is because of the depth it's at now. It's built out of 1/2" plywood and I still plan to do a midrange tunnel.

Steve_Leeugly_wooferSilver1omo
  • Saturn shortblock?

• Cylinder head

• Got the blanks for the leg assemblies built. Thanks to my buddy for usage of his shop. Really made working 8/4 walnut a breeze.

jhollanderSteve_LeeSilver1omougly_wooferBryan@MAC4thtryWolf
  • Cut the pipe for the mid tunnels. 6" PVC.

ugly_wooferrjj454thtryjhollander
  • Love the angle cutting jig!!

(To match the slope of the backside of the cabinet I presume?).

Open back tunnel or sealed?

• edited October 2022

To match the front and open, scroll up and you'll see ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

• Aha! Got it. Thanks.

• With the weather getting crappy, it's slow going. Got the bracing done on the cabs. Built a router leveling jig for the walnut chunks to make the feet.

4thtryugly_wooferSteve_LeejhollanderSilver1omo
  • Bit more progress today, nice weather for some veneer work. Cabs are looking spiffy now!

hifisideNicholas_23ugly_wooferR-Carpenterkenrhodes4thtrytajanesrjj45Steve_LeeTurn2and 2 others.
  • My goodness !!

6thplanet
  • Excellent work!

6thplanet
  • edited June 2023

Thanks!

...and again, can't say enough about the Wilson Art H2O contact adhesive. Great to work with, just have to see how it fairs over time.

Steve_Lee
  • The veneer looks great - well done!

6thplanet
  • @6thplanet said:
    Thanks!

...and again, can't say enough about the Wilson Art H2O contact adhesive. Great to work with, just have to see how it fairs over time.

Now on my list to try. Thanks!

6thplanet
  • You don't touch anything that doesn't turn into a beautiful work of art! You have always had a great creative vision, and the skill, knowledge, discipline, and patience to bring it to life. High five, dude! I can't wait to hear these! Glenn.

6thplanet
  • Started making the blanks for the baffles. Walnut and Flamed Maple.

dcibelSteve_LeetajanesSilver1omoBilletjhollanderugly_wooferhifiside4thtrysquamishdroc
  • hifisidetajanesSilver1omorjj45PWRRYDSteve_Lee4thtryjohnny5jzsilverDDanPand 4 others.
  • Looks like an RTA screen . . . Badass!

=)

• They've been dubbed the 8 bit baffles.๐Ÿ˜†

...guess not so high resolution speakers?