Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

So I bought a house, and need another...

Comments

• As I follow this thread, I am seeing a hand injury, a pretty severe leg injury, and an otherwise comfy looking chair in a really suboptimal listening position relative to the Taigas.  It almost seems like Mr. Pomposelli (AKA BK) and I need to come over there and get things straightened out.  At least the bar appears to be stocked, or at least was at some point.
    kenrhodesJasonP
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Next time take the elevator.   ;)

Get well soon.

Ron
  • Dang, movings tough on a muthafucka!
  • Oh No!  Sorry to hear about your fall.  How long do you think you'll be off work?
  • Get well soon. Moving itself is stressful, adding injuries is worse... Sometimes i miss those early days of living out of a suitcase, owning nothing and going to Goodwill to dispose of whatever cheap necessities of life we had accumulated over the past year (retaining only that fits in two suitcases of 50 pounds each, two carry ons and two small bags!), before closing shop and moving back, only to repeat the cycle in a couple of months time.... Now, thinking of clearing a room gives me the shivers!
  • Sometimes shit happens to good people.  Concentrate on healing and follow the doctor's orders!  
  • edited March 2020
    Well, got some Diet Coke in fridge, nicorette gum by couch, and my boss will be dropping my laptop off when he leaves the office today so I can get some work done. Just a tip of the hat to my boss, he is the reason I go to work each day. 

Apparently I am in for some extensive rehab. Will be awhile before I will able to navigate a flight of stairs. I pulled myself up from the landing in my basement yesterday morning, extremely painful event. Poor Mrs JR was not much help - I'm a big boy. When I landed, I heard and felt crunching in my left knee, and it is now mostly useless. To get an idea of what a patellar detachment is like, lay on your back and raise your legs. This is not possible sans that ligament being connected. Similarly, lay on your side and bicycle your legs. Also not possible. 

Anyways, I will be on the couch for quite some time.
    dcibel
    I have a signature.
  •  Ouch!
    Sorry to hear.
  • Joking with my little brother earlier, and said "all those years of sandlot sports, formal sport, martial arts, fighting, powerlifting and finally get a career injury carrying a fucking $100 chair down some stairs. Wasn't even drinking or even hungover."

Le sigh. At least I can do a good chunk of my job from home.
    dcibelrjj45ThumperTom
    I have a signature.
  • Man, sorry to hear about the fall (and your truck!)! Get better soon!

Is there a write up on those blue speakers? They look nice. Viawave and Meniscus Eclipse?
  • ScottS said:
    As I follow this thread, I am seeing a hand injury, a pretty severe leg injury, and an otherwise comfy looking chair in a really suboptimal listening position relative to the Taigas.  It almost seems like Mr. Pomposelli (AKA BK) and I need to come over there and get things straightened out.  At least the bar appears to be stocked, or at least was at some point.
    Come on over!
    I have a signature.
  • JR's Taiga speakers were real nice when I heard them at DDIY.  So much so that I bought a pair of those ribbons from Roman.
  • I heard them at Iowa, really good. 
  • Listen to them almost daily.
    I have a signature.
  • Thanks for the link, they look good
  • I know about 4 people who have fallen and broke things in the last 2 months. Be careful out there. Gravity can be hard on you.

Ron
  • My folks stopped by with a house warming gift. Wife and I are avid fans, our new home is adjacent to what we affectionately call "our swamp", so my dad cut this out, my mom did the artwork. It will be installed on our fence.

kenrhodesJasonPani_101Silver1omosquamishdrocjhollanderbrek81dynamoTurn2ThumperTomand 4 others.
    I have a signature.
  • Holy crap JR! I take a short sabbatical from online audio and come back to find you laid up after a fall and learn Jeff Bagby is in the hospital with Coronavirus issues. Hope you both get better soon!

BTW - my compliments to your mom for that nice portrait of you!
  • Oh no!  I hope Jeff is alright.
  • TMK, Jeff does not have Coronavirus. I was told by Chuck that he is stable at the moment, albeit unconscious, with pneumonia in both lungs.

• Wheelchairs are better than crutches. Waiting for Ortho. Dr. Patrick O'Brian. I'm in good Mick hands.
    I have a signature.
  • Keep Jeff in your thoughts, he has a struggle ahead.
    kenrhodesrjj45
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    Keep Jeff in your thoughts, he has a struggle ahead.
    For sure!

Now on a much lighter note:  I want to see some video of you doing wheelies in said wheelchair  =)
  • Already out of it, that was just so I didn't have to use crutches in the clinic 

Surgery next Wednesday to reattach/replace the tendon. 
    I have a signature.
  • edited March 2020
     Good to see you seem to be doing OK and are on the mend.   Best wishes on a speedy recovery after your surgery next Wednesday! 
  • I'm actually doing for shit, but trying to maintain good spirits. The pain is pretty incredible at times, but it isn't every day I get pretty girls pushing me around in a wheelchair.
    4thtry
    I have a signature.
  • Too bad they aren't pulling you like a rickshaw  ;)
    jr@mac
  • Wolf said:
    TMK, Jeff does not have Coronavirus. I was told by Chuck that he is stable at the moment, albeit unconscious, with pneumonia in both lungs.
    Good to know I'm incorrect about this being related to Coronavirus - bad to hear about the pneumonia. I just saw the post by Javad today saying Jeff's in an induced coma, still on a respirator, but has improved a bit. I'm not a religious guy, but I'm hopeful all the positive energy from the DIY community will help in his recovery.

JR - no racing & no wheelies in that thing...at least for while! Hope the pain subsides soon. 
  • Wolf said:
    TMK, Jeff does not have Coronavirus. I was told by Chuck that he is stable at the moment, albeit unconscious, with pneumonia in both lungs.
    He's been tested and the results were negative?

Jim