Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

So I bought a house, and need another...

Comments

• It's on the shelf. In the basement 😭
    6thplanetrjj45Gowa
    I have a signature.
  • So my parents and my little brother came to town, and my sister in law is around. An old family friend is around, too. It snowed 4" this morning, they said they are going to get the move done today.

A woman my wife calls "wife #2" is going to sit with me Wednesday night after my surgery so Amanda can go out on the town with her bestie, too.

People really can be amazing. I am not a religious person, but I recognize being blessed.
    Silver1omo4thtryani_101kenrhodesjhollandersquamishdrocS7910rjj45ThumperTom
    I have a signature.
  • When you have a big heart and "your head screwed on straight", (Like you, JR) people will always come to your aid. 
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • You are too kind, Don.
    I have a signature.
  • Let's hope he keeps his leg screwed on straight 😉
  • Home from surgery. Went 3hrs, originally planned for 1.5 hours. They found and repaired two other tears in there.

I have a nerve block drip installed, and am resting on the couch watching House, MD with the incredible Mrs JR. 

I also have a cool portable electric cold pad and more drugs than I am comfortable with.

When I came out if the deep sleep, my pain was unreal so I was loaded up on various narcotics. Took a couple hours for pain to feel manageable and my O2 to get above 92% without assistance.

I have a signature.
  • Glad to see you on the mend!
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Long road ahead of me, but I can do it. 

My company generates about 70% of it's revenue from hospitality, so we are hurting bug time right now. We are doing a company-wide 20% pay reduction starting Monday, so with a 4 day work week in conjunction with my "work from home" mandate for the time being I should have no problem healing up and making my PT when it starts.

Glad Mrs. JR has a great job as well, she is also currently working from home. As shitty as this ordeal is, could be worse. A lot worse. We are fairly cash flush, spent far less on the house than we could have, and are both blessed to have jobs that can more or less be done remotely. Millions are not so lucky. 
    I have a signature.
  • Glad to see that you are past that particular travail!
    Interested in why your O2 level was screwy for a while.
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • No idea. Shallow breathing during recovery, shock, who knows. 
    rjj45
    I have a signature.
  • I hurt holy hell today, oh my. 
    I have a signature.
  • Do some pain pills and anesthetics reduce the o2 level just because we don't breathe as deeply?   
  • Glad to see your back home, hopefully the pain subsides quickly.  Usually the first 24 hours is the worst of it.
  • I'd say load up on the narcs as much as necessary so you are not in pain and you can sleep/relax well and let your body heal.
    rjj45
  • I feel for ya and wish I could help. Hope the pain doesnt last too long.
  • I'm hitting the Oxy to the extent the doc recommends. It helps, along with Tylenol. 
    I have a signature.
  • Take care Brother!
  • Hope you're feeling a little better today JR!  This is just a speed bump that you'll be over in no time.

BTW - if it were me, that chair would have to be sacrificed in some violent way - maybe a chainsaw.  :o
  • I am personally going to throw into the compactor at work, provided I am still employed at that time. 
    I have a signature.
  • As I come up on the one year anniversary of this injury, I thought I would let you all know that I am mobile but the healing has been slow. I still hurt (the sub-zero weather is not helping) and I am finding it difficult to rebuild the leg. Had a setback two weeks ago - not 100% sure what precipitated this, but it started hurting and swelling in a way that it had not done so since my recovery from surgery. In talking with my ortho, he suggested I likely tore some scar tissue during my exercises and the pain and swelling were actually evidence of a good thing. I believe he was right, it now feels better and more flexible that at any point since the fall.

I am going to buy a recumbent bike to get some cardio in. I will never be able to run again, or do heavy lifting. I am passed the depression stage of those limitations and now need to pursue other means of fitness. At 45, I would likely be evaluating my deadlift strategy in any event, so that's OK.

The bar has been receiving a lot of attention in the last month as my strength (other than the scary week of sudden pain) has returned. We love it down there. Currently punching holes in the wall to mount decorations. In a few weeks, we will remove them all and re-paint. I hate the modern trend of painting every fucking thing gray, so I am going to do some knotty alder wainscoting and paint the remainder a darker shade of green.

Here are a few pictures:

We officially named it "The Feral Goat". The guitar shaped cutting board is a gift from our very own Arlis.

More to come!

jhollanderSilver1omorjj45squamishdroctajaneskenrhodesS7910ScottS6thplanetTurn2
    I have a signature.
  • Bar is looking great JR.

I don't have an ACL (anymore) in my left knee. We bought a good recumbent bike when I was about your age and have got a lot of use out of it (I won't say how much as I hate to admit how old I am).

I'm glad to hear strength is returning. I can still do most things I could before (with a brace now, though).

Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • The Nerdery is also coming together.

squamishdrocdcibel6thplanetrjj45
    I have a signature.
  • whats the tiny tube headphone amp / pre amp? what are you driving the speakers with? dac?

• Tube pre and DAC are both FX Audio, the amp is SMSL.

I have a signature.
  • Pretty sweet, JR! How do you like your M50x cans?

• They are pretty solid, in my opinion.

I have a signature.