Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Mnemosyne-a new monkey coffin

123457»

Comments

• @Tom_S said:
    The finish on these is just outstanding. On par with expensive hand-made furniture. Nick, I really hope you won't have to completely rebuild the outer box. But if you do, these are surely worth the effort. They sounded amazing and I thought your voicing was perfect!

Thank you Tom, it will be a corner repair and a do over on the veneer.

• I really enjoyed your speakers this weekend. The brown on brown was awesome.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • @ugly_woofer said:

I hear it wasn't just the speaker.... ;-(
    Glad you're okay, Nick!

Thanks Ben, the lip is healing, and I have a dentist appointment for next Tuesday, so I'm almost fine.

Good lord , was there no one there to help you haul them in?!?!

• @ugly_woofer said:

I hear it wasn't just the speaker.... ;-(
    Glad you're okay, Nick!

Thanks Ben, the lip is healing, and I have a dentist appointment for next Tuesday, so I'm almost fine.

I'm glad you managed to come off with only minor damage. Falling with a 98 pound speaker that large could been a lot worse. I hope you can rescue the speaker. I thought they were one of the best sounding speakers Saturday.

Ron

PWRRYD
  • Every scar comes with a fascinating story... guess all the other speakers were jealous of these short stocky overweight vintage looking speakers that everybody seemed to rave about.... :/

ugly_woofer
  • I'm guessing your next speaker will be carbon fiber and neo mag drivers.

PWRRYDrjj45
  • Balsa wood for the win!

• And styrofoam, it hurts less on impact.

• edited October 2021

And keeps your beer cold. Just sayin... :p

• one more reason to use it!

• Port/beer coozy

• That is why I bought a big-ass appliance mover hand truck. At my age, seem to be losing some upper body strength.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • I started the repair process, I just cut away the damage in the corner with a sharp chisel and filled it with epoxy.

Turn26thplanet
  • Is the plan to veneer again?

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Notice the inner box is still intact? Nicely done!

• Looking good.... how did you get the epoxy to stay in place?

• @jhollander said:
    Is the plan to veneer again?

Yep, the plan is to restore them to their pre-dropped condition.

• @Wolf said:
    Notice the inner box is still intact? Nicely done!

All the damage was cosmetic, but I couldn't leave it like that. The only two options for me were the dumpster, which I seriously considered at the time, or repair.

• @ani_101 said:
    Looking good.... how did you get the epoxy to stay in place?

I used aluminum skinned honey comb carbon fiber........nah, just masking tape.

hifiside
  • edited November 2021

@ugly_woofer said:

@ani_101 said:
    Looking good.... how did you get the epoxy to stay in place?

I used aluminum skinned honey comb carbon fiber........nah, just masking tape.

👎 ... weak

kenrhodes
  • Man, everyone's a critic.Lol

PWRRYD6thplanet