Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

GRT 145 Second Gen Viawave tweeter is getting tested and finalaized.

12346»

Comments

• Waveguide can retrofit flat face plate. It is slightly larger than original 104mm diameter cutout.
  • Hi All.
    There's a new addition to the family. SRT-7
    It is based on GRT-145. Slightly lower distortions, leveled out top end response. Retail price will be similar to GRT.
    I have a few pairs of GRT-145-8 that I will sell at a very good price because of this newcomer. Send me a PM if interested in either.
    Thanks, Roman.

jr@macJasonPPWRRYDkennykGowa
  • Looks like a nice refinement!
    R-Carpenter
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • PM sent.
    I have a signature.
  • Received my pair of first gens today.  Thanks Roman!
    jr@mackennyk
  • Hi All.

RT-850 tweeter will no longer be available and been replaced by the newer model.
    Support and repairs for RT-850 will continue as previously, so no worries for these who own it already.
    The newer model is still in works and should become available closer to September. I am considering it for a replacement of Fountek neoCD 2 in my line arrays. Probably a slightly customized version to compensate for line array inherit problems.

The GRT tweeters are sold out at this point. They will still be available in the foreseeable future but the wait times will be longer.

SRT-7 is the tweeter that I will keep in stock.
    The retail pricing on the SRT-7 will be higher than GRT . A bit over $500 a pair. But as always, pm is a good way to communicate.
    First shipment is expected early June. If you want to pre-order, let me know. As always, first few pairs of the new generation will have a special discounts for the forum members. And please, :) publish and show your results.

• New addition to Viawave family is OTW.
    RT-5W
    Changes.
    Straight, textured foil.
    Foil element reliability increased greatly.
    The suspension is not sealed like GRT-145 so this is more of true ribbon design.
    There are changes in the transformer as well. As with previous Viawave tweeters, a lot of time and work went in to designing rear chamber behind the foil element. Test data will follow.
    F X-over is around 3k so a small 2-way or a top of a 3-way speaker is it's home target.
    Expected retail price is compatible with Fountek Neo X3.0 and Aurum Cantus G2
    As with previous models, few first pairs will be very heavily discounted. All I ask is that you publish reviews. :)
    In the future, RT-5 will have rectangular face plate option (raised response e.t.c.) and I am considering it to be my new line array tweeter.

6thplanet
  • Is this a replacement for the 850?
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    Is this a replacement for the 850?

Correct. RT-850 is supported in terms of pars and repairs for foreseeable future but it is not been produced any longer.
  • http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/GRT-145W-8.htm

Another set of measurements from Troels.

• @R-Carpenter said:
    http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/GRT-145W-8.htm

Another set of measurements from Troels.

Wowzer - those distortion graphs are incredible!

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Does the SRT comes with the waveguides? Or can they be fitted to the CNC ones?

• I> @ani_101 said:

Does the SRT comes with the waveguides? Or can they be fitted to the CNC ones?

SRT does not and it is for a reason. GRT-W serves that function. GRT and GRT-W are not exactly the same tweeter. There are changes in the rear chamber design of the GRT_W to accommodate the guide and maintain smooth response with added benefits of the W.