Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Borrow or trade

Comments

• Anything particular you are looking for? I bet I have what you need.

• Honestly, clueless. I'm not a tube connoisseur. This is my first tube amp. Not even sure what it had stock. It was missing both ax7's, I have a Sovtek from a swap from a previous amp. I'd assume "high gain" would be a good start as these are all about tubey gain goodness, not squeaky clean. Make sense? At this point looks like run of the mill stuff is $25-40 so figured if a fellow geek had something laying around....

kenrhodes
  • It looks like a lot of tubes are out of stock, possibly because Russia is a major supplier of current production tubes. I've bought here several times https://thetubestore.com/search?keywords=12ax

• Yeah, that's one I checked out. They're out there, would rather have a brother help me out.

• 3-12ax7 tubes untested from vintage equipment all USA made all from the same equipment.

Steve_Lee
  • Sounds great, PM me🤘🏼

• I'll ship them this week. We can square up later or just pay it forward.

BilletPWRRYD
  • Sounds like a plan🤘🏼

• On their way?

• I convinced myself I'm never going to make it to the post office. Shipped it UPS today.

• Lol, ok? Thanks🤘🏼

• Received! Thanks Ken.

• Hopefully the extras find a home as well. 😃

• Never know, very well could happen.
    The amplifier is up and running🤘🏼

Steve_Leeugly_wooferrjj45kenrhodesPWRRYDtajanesdynamoNicholas_23
  • edited March 2023

Folks,
    I'm going to be building a couple of sets of low(ish) end TM speakers to gift my local Makerspace. I could build them with the $22 SB12PFC at Meniscus, but would like to find something a bit cheaper, but not too awful. I've got some decent 4 inch mid woofers in my stash, but not the Qty 4 that I'd like to have. Can anyone help out?
    Something like an ND90 or 4 inch DS would be perfect.
    I'd really like to only have to tweak 1 crossover for the lot.
    Thanks!

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Dayton TCP115? Not only are they regularly $14.49, but $13.77 if buying qty 4-9.

• @a4eaudio said:
    Dayton TCP115? Not only are they regularly $14.49, but $13.77 if buying qty 4-9.

Thanks - haven't heard them, but they should fit the requirements

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • I have a set of Dayton gf180-4 you can have, you pay shipping

Steve_LeeNicholas_23
  • @6thplanet said:
    I have a set of Dayton gf180-4 you can have, you pay shipping

You have qyt 4 of those? That would be awesome. I'll PM you.

• Sorry, guess that'll get ya one set

• I know some don't love the TCP115, but for the enclosure size and money, it's hard to beat. Duane's Dayton 4 proves it! I'm currently paring them with the XT25SC90-04 and it's a fun little speaker.

• Hey Don, I think I still have 4 of the buyout Aura NS6 woofers. I see two out in the open, but I think the other pair is behind some other boxes. If those would work for you, they are yours for the price of shipping.

rjj45Nicholas_23
  • I have a pair of the GF180-4 I would let go for a steal. PM me if interested.

• @Tom_S said:
    Hey Don, I think I still have 4 of the buyout Aura NS6 woofers. I see two out in the open, but I think the other pair is behind some other boxes. If those would work for you, they are yours for the price of shipping.

Oh wow oh wow!
    I used those in several designs way way back when.
    Love them and very familiar.
    Yes, that would be great!
    I'll PM you.

• I found the other pair! They were hiding behind some Dayton boxes.

I remember you used them - the Aurabacs?

• @Tom_S said:
    I found the other pair! They were hiding behind some Dayton boxes.

I remember you used them - the Aurabacs?

Yeah, I did the TM Aurabacs, then MTM Maurabacs. Both with the Vifa BC25SC

• Here's a proposition for anyone who can do some good veneer work and is within a hour or two of Lansing Michigan:

I have a couple of MDF subwoofer cab I build from the PE/DIYsoundgroup flat packs that measure around 10" on a side (roughly a cube, I can give details measurements). These have been sanded/routed flush but are otherwise unfinished. I also have a couple of pairs of Dayton subs: two RSS390HO-4 and two RSS265HO-4.

I would really like to get the cabs nicely finished, so I would be happy to trade the subs for veneer work. If you are interested please contact me here via PM. I am willing to consider other possibilities in exchange for veneer work on my cabs. Thanks!