Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Ron_E's InDIYana Theme Build

124»

Comments

• I made some new measurements at around 80db. I think I need a bigger test amp to go louder.

I figured out SE's measurement system and if you keep the "raise by x db" value the same as the "raise x db" for harmonics the same you can see the harmonics relative to the signal without doing any math.

Ron

• Let me also state, that the fundamental FR should be 90-95dB, not the distortion plots. It looks like 110dB there.
    That should be plenty...

• The SPL scale isn't calibrated. I measured the sweep with my old Radio Shack sound level meter. That's why I said it was roughly 80db. I just ignore the SPL which can be adjusted anywhere in SE and look at the graphs relative to each other.

• I currently have these speakers in the living room setting on a pair of bar stools. They needed some proper stands.

I started with tops and bottoms with the last of my 3/4" Baltic birch.

Duratex for the tops.

Gluing up the posts from Sapele and Maple hardwood.

Finished posts.

I made a drilling template to use to drill all the holes in the posts and tops and bottoms.

I have a dedicated 45 degree backstop that I screw to my panel cutting sled. If I need a different angle I fasten a backstop with double sided tape so I can cut the hardwood trim for the bases.

I veneered the bases and put a coat of Watco Danish oil on them and started gluing on the trim.

Gluing on more trim.

Framed base.

Test assembly with 3" deck screws.

Routed holes for the terminals. The speaker cable will run up the center of the post and out a small notch cut in the back of the post.

Finishing the bases.

Finishing the bottoms of the bases.

I should be able to put a couple coats of poly on next week and they'll be ready to go.

Steve_LeeSilver1omotajaneshifisideEggguyColonel7Turn24thtry6thplanetugly_wooferand 1 other.
  • Beautiful work as usual Ron!

• Ron makes it all look so simple and easy . . .

• Excellent, as always! Even your stands look like high-end furniture.

• Beautiful dude!

• edited March 6

One is finished.

Putting on Poly.

Finished vs bar stool.

Ron

squamishdrocSilver1omojr@macSteve_Lee6thplanetkenrhodesEggguyjhollanderEd_Perkinsjohnny5jzand 4 others.
  • Nicey nice!