Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

JFcomponents my new adventure.

Comments

• 18”- 800rms ,4”coil, 8ohm. 11.5xmax one way. JF is short for Julefidelity

Steve_Leedynamojhollandersquamishdroc4thtry
  • Is this the ERSEwhile reincarnation?

• @hifiside said:
    18”- 800rms ,4”coil, 8ohm. 11.5xmax one way. JF is short for Julefidelity

T/S parameters?

• FS will rest at 35Hz

• Looks similar to some B&C subs I've used.

• @Tom_S said:
    Looks similar to some B&C subs I've used.

Yes. The PS100 is what we were looking for, our has a bit more venting in the coil, more xmax but fs is not as low. Trade off

• FWIW, the wall of PA LF drivers is very cool in real life.

hifiside
    I have a signature.
  • Brad it's awesome to see https://www.julefidelity.com come to fruition. All the best of luck in your new endeavor. It looks extremely promising and I'm positive it will add value to our community. Thank you for that.

hifisidejr@macdynamo
    My signature goes here
  • That's a lot of 18" woofers. Will you be bringing them to DIY Iowa? ;)

hifiside
  • Fun. All brand new. Lol.

• edited March 2023

No copper anywhere.

• @hifiside said:
    No copper anywhere.

I wonder if the more expensive ones are hiding a shorting ring inside there somewhere?

• The one is a HDS.

• HDS had shorting ring but no copper.

I have a signature.
  • There’s that ring in the HDS only. I will say peerless glue sucks. Easy to break loose

• Aluminum.

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • @dcibel said:
    Aluminum.

Yes sir

• Hi Brad. I need to get capacitors and coils, but your telephone on website is "not in service" and looks like your email contact box doesn't work -I did send you a message 4 days ago.

• @jerzy53 said:
    Hi Brad. I need to get capacitors and coils, but your telephone on website is "not in service" and looks like your email contact box doesn't work -I did send you a message 4 days ago.

We did message you back but I believe we’re still have email communication issues through our website, hopefully that’s fixed this weekend. As far as most products they won’t be available till March 10th on our site. After that we should be open for business. You can private message me on here till we get the email figured out.
    Thank you.

Silver1omo
  • edited March 2023

Looks good to me!
    Are you manufacturing cabinets locally or importing as well?

Criticism on the speakers:
    Screws through the faces look bad. They shouldn't be there on a $500-$700 speakers.
    There are no pictures of the open speaker with drivers visible. If the front panel is unfinished or not well finished because it's not intended to be exposed, I would post a pic of the tweeter and the woofer separately.
    Crossover look very clean. You need to redo them with your components, not PE. First thought is, why is this guy selling caps and coils but using Dayton in his speakers?
    Mounting is important. Are they easy to mount? It needs to be shown.
    Just my 2C.

Silver1omo
  • @R-Carpenter said:
    Looks good to me!
    Are you manufacturing cabinets locally or importing as well?

Criticism on the speakers:
    Screws through the faces look bad. They shouldn't be there on a $500-$700 speakers.
    There are no pictures of the open speaker with drivers visible. If the front panel is unfinished or not well finished because it's not intended to be exposed, I would post a pic of the tweeter and the woofer separately.
    Crossover look very clean. You need to redo them with your components, not PE. First thought is, why is this guy selling caps and coils but using Dayton in his speakers?
    Mounting is important. Are they easy to mount? It needs to be shown.
    Just my 2C.

Thank you for your input it is Much appreciated!!!.
    First off the mounting of the speaker grills. The speakers are usually mounted anywhere from 8 feet to 16 feet in the air so using magnets or plastic pop on grills, holds a huge liability for my company. So we chose screws to know they will never fall off on somebody’s head. Yes we’re gonna shoot some new pictures so we can show the drivers in the cabinets with the grill off and when I get all of my components, we will redo the crossover’s and show new pictures of my components on the crossovers. And with the new pictures, we will show the aluminum mounting bracket for the speakers. Thank you for the criticism. It’s always welcome.

BilletSteve_Leedynamo
  • edited March 2023

And yes, we build the cabinets here in house. They’re made out of fiberglass and wood.

jr@macPWRRYDSteve_LeeSilver1omodynamojhollander6thplanet
  • Thursday is the first shipment 2100 lbs.

jr@macSilver1omodynamo
  • edited March 2023

I am a fan of using biodegradable materials wherever possible. Could you make make the enclosures entirely out of wood?

• @Billet said:
    I am a fan of using biodegradable materials wherever possible. Could you make make the enclosures entirely out of wood?

No. They started out as all wooden cabinets. There’s just too much labor into doing that. Specially for the shape that they are.

Steve_Leedynamo
  • Maybe some Eco-cabinets?
    .325 cuft.
    .60 cuft.

• edited March 2023

dynamo
  • edited March 2023

I like the eco cabinets. Be cool to offer a few different flat packs with a blank baffle but offer an upgrade for people to provide desired drivers and spacing and you could run the baffles through the cnc before shipping. Just a thought. (I know flushing drivers is my least favorite part of the build and also nothing beats cnc precision).

Turn2
  • @dynamo said:
    I like the eco cabinets. Be cool to offer a few different flat packs with a blank baffle but offer an upgrade for people to provide desired drivers and spacing and you could run the baffles through the cnc before shipping. Just a thought. (I know flushing drivers is my least favorite part of the build and also nothing beats cnc precision).

Thank you for your feedback. I wasn’t thinking of offering a flat pack. These would actually be assembled. Just some thoughts.

• Is there really a market for flat packs? Like JR demonstrated, it would be nice if someone built and finished the cabinets. I don't think it would be a stock item, more of a custom offering.

dynamo
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails