Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Hold tight Brothers!

Weather is supposed to get really bad (severe T-storms, high winds, tornadoes, etc.) this afternoon for a large portion of the Midwest and Southern Mississippi Valley.

Be safe my MAC Brothers!

ugly_wooferjr@macjoeybuttsSteve_LeeNicholas_23Billet

Comments

• That's no joke. I spent some time last night getting things cleared off the deck and patio that might turn into projectiles.

Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • We are more or less digging that system here, we got thunderstorms and hail last night and more ice rain and white shit coming tonight.
    .stay safe, all.

I have a signature.
  • Tornados on the ground to our West right now. Sirens went off 30 minutes ago.

• @Tom_S said:
    Tornados on the ground to our West right now. Sirens went off 30 minutes ago.

Damn.

I have a signature.
  • Hold tight Tom! Thoughts and prayers for you Tom.

• Another active tornado just south of us near Iowa City right now.

• edited March 2023

I ran into a little hail this afternoon while shopping for groceries. Click on the link to see the video.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BmHVsbesqNgyaXRx5

I don't think the hail was big enough to hurt the car. It turned the ground white in minutes and sounded like the end of the world in the store. A few minutes later the sun was shining.

It was 75 in Des Moines at noon and the low tonight will be 32 with a chance of snow.

Ron

Steve_LeesquamishdrocNicholas_23
  • I just looked out the back door- 65mph winds right now! That brings back memories of the Derecho. We only have 2 trees left, so we'll be OK! Had a few power dips - tethering the laptop off my cell.

Anyone on MAC down near Little Rock? They got hit pretty hard.

Nicholas_23
  • We're in the clear. Just tossed the recycle bins around. But I'm worried one of my oldest friends might have major damage in the little town of Hills, just S. of Iowa City.

• Hope all is good. Looks to be coming for Chicago.

• Hunker down brothers.

I have a signature.
  • Man you guys have some crazy weather out there! Stay safe everyone!

• Thought we were in the clear but then all of a sudden here comes another front/cell!

• Yes please be safe , charge those battery packs if you all have any for phone duty. I know if a tower goes down its moot but.... Grab a couple

• I live by that big red line along the Mississippi river. It was intense for about 10 minutes, then over. No damage in our neighborhood. Iowa City area looks like it had a tornado touchdown. A couple of small towns north and south also had significant damage. Hopefully the storm has less energy to work with as it approaches Chicago.

Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • I'm in NE Alabama and I just returned from a walk/yardwork and noted the low, heavy, moist, warm clouds headed NNE from the SSW which is feeding the storms as the cold front sweeps-in from the WNW. We get ours here around 0100 hrs.

• It's crazy weather season all over the country! Texted my friend in Hills - his house is fine. 5 blocks away took a direct hit. These tornados seem to be coming earlier than I remember. I used to chase these things when I was a news photog. I saw lots of devastation all over Eastern Iowa and even rode out a small one in the news vehicle. Now I have almost no interest in filming one.

Stay safe Craig and anyone else in their path.

• A confirmed 40 tornadoes so far from this front moving through.

• Woke up to tornado sirens blaring. Think the worse of it is over.

• Sounds like they have a mess in Belvidere Illinois

• You OK Craig?

• edited April 2023

A theater roof collapse in Belvidere, IL. That's about an hour west of Chicago. The storm was moving so quickly, it pushed though Chicago in like 15 minutes.

My signature goes here
  • Coming through here until 1am, heavier and cyclonic stuff south of here about 50 miles. Had some brief hail.

• Just passed through here, NW Indiana. Sirens going off/ Our windows were shaking like crazy. dogs all freaked out.

• edited April 2023

We're good here. We all got under my work bench in the SW corner of the basement when the sirens started. The work bench is way over built and could hold a ton or two. We just got heavy rain, small hail, and high winds for about 15 minutes!

The Apollo Theater is about 15 mins from our house. It is now a concert venue, not a movie theater anymore. Some heavy metal band called Morbid Angel was supposed to play there last night. One dead and 28 injured! I'm sure there will be law suits coming...

• Reminds me of our Derecho last summer (actually we went through two of them - the first was the banger with the 100+ mph winds).

Scary shit, brothers. These storms are no joke.

I have a signature.
  • We also had three touchdowns in city limits last season and dozens around us. In 2019 in freaking September we had three F2 touchdowns in a mixed residential/commercial area that made national news.

I have a signature.
  • I remember that JR.