Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Hold tight Brothers!

2»

Comments

• Got windy and some small hail here (Louisville area) last night.

PWRRYD
  • Hammered off and on all night. Some hail but fortunately nothing damaged. Brought my smoker into the garage and cooked up some pulled pork!

hifiside
  • Glad everyone is OK! Scary stuff.

• Nothing severe in DSM or Ankeny, but howling winds and a skiff of snow overnight. No rain either, which will continue to be a concern. Hope y'all fared okay east of us.

• @jr@mac said:
    We also had three touchdowns in city limits last season and dozens around us. In 2019 in freaking September we had three F2 touchdowns in a mixed residential/commercial area that made national news.

December 15th, 2021 Iowa had 63 tornadoes. 21 were F2's.

"Prior to this event, a total of 5 tornadoes had occurred in Iowa in December since 1950 with all of them in southeastern Iowa. To have over 10 times that many tornadoes in a single day is unprecedented in any month, let alone the month of December! "

https://weather.gov/dmx/StormyandWindyWednesdayDecember152021

Timsie
  • @Turn2 said:

Nothing severe in DSM or Ankeny, but howling winds and a skiff of snow overnight. No rain either, which will continue to be a concern. Hope y'all fared okay east of us.

Where did you get that graphic?

• @PWRRYD said:

@Turn2 said:

Nothing severe in DSM or Ankeny, but howling winds and a skiff of snow overnight. No rain either, which will continue to be a concern. Hope y'all fared okay east of us.

Where did you get that graphic?

Posted by Jesse Ferrell (@WeatherMatrix) of AccuWeather on Twitter.

• Glad everyone made it through ok. We only got a tickle in SE Michigan.

• The red group by Terre Haute did extend further across Indiana and into OH. It crossed through Harlan towards Woodburn at 101/37 intersection where one touched down, and I guess that area is just a disaster. My mom went to grade school in a still present building right in that area. This area from Spencerville through Woodburn has a lot of my extended family's residences, but nobody was hurt or had property destroyed. I'm thankful. This is maybe 40 miles from me if that.

• I'm 30 miles North of Milwaukee. Light to moderate rain and light to moderate winds. Looks like we really dodged a bullet.

• My son and I drove around a little on the way to get my new fishing license. Holy smokes there was a lot of damage. We saw some huge trees on and in houses. Feel so bad for all those folks!

• edited April 2023

I was talking to a friend at church this morning and he said the models are showing another storm front like this is predicted to move through here again on Tuesday :(

• We have tornado watch until 23:00 in north TX.

• Hold tight and be safe Brother!

• This is for 4/4. I had to look hard to distinguish it from the past bout of storms.

• Stay safe.

• I hope you guys get a break and some good weather soon - this is ridiculous . . .

• Even when it's not storming it's windy! I took the motorcycle out yesterday and I felt the wind trying to push me over just sitting a stoplight.

• Here we go. It's starting to bloom like crazy just SW and W of Des Moines.

• Be safe Brian and all my Midwest brothers!

• I went into the office today. We had some pretty impressive hail. A lot of golf ball sized hail and a few larger pieces. Someone brought in one that was about the size of a tennis ball. Those make a lot of noise on the roof.

Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • @Wolf said:
    Brian? Turn2 is Richard.

Yeah, but the dog was small around here compared to last go round. After three waves with little more than pea-sized hail and reports of a string tornado near Pleasantville, it was pretty standard spring fare. At least we finally got a little rain.

jholtz
  • edited April 2023

About 35 minutes North of us. Got a text from the AWA last night that the sirens in town were blaring.
    https://www.kfvs12.com/2023/04/05/tornado-damage-reported-bollinger-county/