Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

New Dayton Signature Series (Sub180-4 etc)

Comments

• @Wolf said:
    Why didn't you butt flats?

Reusing a cabinet, I imagine.

I have a signature.
  • edited June 2023

@Wolf said:

lol yeah I thought he liked the look.. Probably wouldn't fit within the roundover.

• What nobody's going to claim d-bag as a name?

jr@macDrewsBrewsSteve_LeetktranScottS
  • Created
    Under
    New
    Technologies

:#

Steve_Leejr@mac
  • @DrewsBrews said:

@Wolf said:

lol yeah I thought he liked the look.. Probably wouldn't fit within the roundover.

Repurposed some boxes. Baffle is only 8" wide with 3/4" round overs. So flats on sides was the only way.

Steve_Lee
  • On second thought, someone else can make the D-Notes. The 5" models like shit.

hifisideSteve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • The S notes

PWRRYD
  • @kenrhodes said:
    Created
    Under
    New
    Technologies

:#

There is already a device for measuring headphones called this...

• Not total shit, but shit enough.

Here are my measured parameters. Reasonably close to advertised.

I have a signature.
  • They would make a very nice midrange provided the "drop off a cliff" at ~3K doesn't deter you, which it shouldn't if you want to cross around 2K or do a super duper steep slope at 3K.

Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • What about : 12L box, 2" port tuned to 45Hz? Using your TS parameters I get F3 of about 40Hz.

With high-ish Qts and small cone area you need a relatively large vented box to make it work. This driver is just not going to inspire Wolf to make yet another micro-monitor...

Steve_Lee
  • @jr@mac said:
    On second thought, someone else can make the D-Notes. The 5" models like shit.

Did you also get the 6-1/2' ones?

• They should be about 24% shittier according to my calculator . . .

• @a4eaudio said:

@jr@mac said:
    On second thought, someone else can make the D-Notes. The 5" models like shit.

Did you also get the 6-1/2' ones?

I did, have not gotten around to measuring them yet.

I have a signature.
  • @charlielaub said:
    What about : 12L box, 2" port tuned to 45Hz? Using your TS parameters I get F3 of about 40Hz.

With high-ish Qts and small cone area you need a relatively large vented box to make it work. This driver is just not going to inspire Wolf to make yet another micro-monitor...

Yeah, just grinds my gears to go that large on a small midwoofers though lol.

I have a signature.
  • edited June 2023

Also might be a candidate for a TL. Not 100% sure because I am not all that versed in TL modeling. But it might be worth a look using HornResp. Then it makes more sense to create a small floorstander with the driver.

• Being the Stance is 10 ltrs, it's a little bigger than I would like to go. If it worked in 10 ltrs with an F3 of 50Hz, it could apply with the Beston at 3.2kHz and be a viable newer higher sensitivity arrangement.

a4eaudio
  • Sorry if this is a hi-jack, but these look really nice for $25 half the $ of the Sig. Frame looks same, no venting of pole piece. Not sure cone material, kind of looks poly.
    https://jfcomponents.com/product-page/jf-eco608-08-6-5-woofer-with-cast-frame

• Let's ask the dude selling them.... Hey Brad, what's the deal with these thingys? Looks like coated paper cones.

• Yes it’s an SDS cone. Same as the PR 160s I believe. Johnny has a set of them. I think he has modeled.

• Top is JF

Steve_Lee
  • If you have anymore questions, you can take it over to my jfcomponents discussion

• @jr@mac said:
    So I ordered a pair of the 5" Signature Dayton woofers. I'm going to whip out a design using the Dayton waveguide tweeters and call it the "D-Note"

You heard it here first.

We are thrilled! Lets hope for the best!

Maybe transmissionline loading?

Optimized for 30deg response?

Could be a killer ;-)

greetz

• Ahhh, buddy, you should actually read the whole post.

PWRRYDdcibelSteve_Leeugly_woofer
  • edited June 2023

Probably didn't get to page 3. It's happened to me in other threads :s

Wondering about the 4" as a dedicated mid.

• @DrewsBrews said:
    Probably didn't get to page 3. It's happened to me in other threads :s

Wondering about the 4" as a dedicated mid.

It looks alright for that purpose.

I have a signature.
  • So did everyone else see the distortion graphs in the Graphs/FRD/ZMA downloads and I'm just way late to the party?