Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

InDIYana 2024; "Inner Sanctum" theme announcement...

Comments

• edited July 2023

Seems the idea of the theme is there is something "hidden". Either a hidden active chamber and/or hidden driver.

I suspect the issue is with a short horn where the driver is exposed? Perhaps a folded (non tapped) horn would qualify as one chamber?

• No front horns.
    You kind of have the right idea.

• When I get some time I'll do a few drawings

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • edited September 2023

Would it be ok if these were split between a bass bin and m/t section? As long as total external dimensions are at or below the total limit?

Not trying to stretch rules. Just that the woofer section could have future versatility.

• . . . AND, mobility.

• I can't see how anyone would have a problem with that. Not trying to gain a performance advantage. Just practical.

• I would allow that if the combined volumes are below the 1.5ft^3 gross.

PWRRYDSteve_Lee
  • trying to see if I can come up with a design for this build. Looking to keep things simple and easily modelable.

Are the following ones acceptable?
    1. one woofer sealed, another ported, 2.5 way (or 3.5 way if there's a mid)
    2. both woofer sealed but in 2.5 alingment, different enclosures
    3. both woofer ported in 2.5 config differnt enclosures
    4. two woofers in isobaric configuration (sealed or ported)
    5. woofer (mostly sub) in bandpass in a TMW configuration. Can the sub have additional crossover to tweak response / blend with the Midwoofer?

• Everything but the 3.5way should be okay.

Billet
  • Thanks Ben, will try to whip up a design

• edited October 2023

Kindof dropped the idea for a while, but something else stoked my interest...

Woofer section should come in well under 1.5cf. But what about an OB top end? I haven't tried anything OB yet.

Basically woofer would be ~1cf plus a small isobaric chamber.

• I don't see where I've said this is allowed, Drew, even on other forums, so I'm saying no open backs at this time. If you can find where I did say this is allowed, please correct me.
    If you want to place the mid or tweeter in a tube and plug the end with foam or an aperiodic orifice, I would be okay with that.

• edited October 2023

Oops, thanks for clearing that up for me.

A stuffed tube might work better in my less than perfect listening space anyway. Just looking at what drivers I have onhand and thinking about what I would be interested to try and build. That is all.

• @Wolf what date is Indiyana? Need to put in my leaves before things heat up for next year at work. Is it finalized or still under planning?

• I hope to call the hotel tomorrow. Not sure if I get my time off for it for a couple more weeks. Dates are not set yet.

• Thanks, will wait then for final dates

• What dates are in play? I'd like to go fishing in the middle of April :)

• I can say END of April at this time. I thought they were confirmed, and I now have time off for the ones in my sights, but I have not yet received the emailed paperwork and it's been almost 2 weeks since. I resent last week, and texted again Friday. I will be calling them tomorrow. If I do not get the person on the phone, I have another phone number to call into the next rung of their hierarchy.

Hopefully posted within this coming week...

jhollander
  • Friday April 26 and Saturday April 27, dates are confirmed!

EggguyPWRRYD6thplanetjhollander
  • Signed agreement today. Link/block will be available Monday 29 or Tuesday 30 at the earliest on the event website, starting with 8 rooms each for Thursday/Friday/Saturday nights. That is 4 kings and 4 dual queens. If needed, the block can be increased. Reservations in the block must me made prior 3/26/24.

• Awesome! Looking forward to InDIYana. I will be registering and booking a room soon.

• Hopefully weblink works now. Do before 3/26 for group rate.

We're at 15 of 20 theme entries! If I've paid enough attention.... if you are in and not on, please let me know!

• edited February 3

I am in for one theme entry and if there is enough time, the 3 way XO for the same towers as play n listen

edit - I see you already have me in the list - thanks!

• I'll be there with one non-theme entry.

• Ben, I don't think I formally requested a spot for the theme entry.

Count me in if you still have space.

• Already got you, Dave.

DaveFred
  • @Wolf - I have leftover blank tent cards from last year and can print new ones for 2024.

• @a4eaudio said:
    @Wolf - I have leftover blank tent cards from last year and can print new ones for 2024.

David, please do. I had planned to but if you already have some that would be great. Thanks.

• I'll be there with one non-theme entry. I was initially planning to have a theme entry, but my project at this point is a complete bust. I have an idea on how to fix it, but it is only a guess and would involve a complete re-build from scratch.