Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

InDIYana 2024; "Inner Sanctum" theme announcement...

Comments

• Okay, Bill, I'll change your attending project status....

• Reservation for 25 for Friday at 7pm for Trolley Bar is in their log book this time. The problem last year will not happen this year. I just have to take a head count Friday afternoon to verify. I told them by 3pm.

• A little InDIYana pregame. Buttoned up my slapped together project. Original was to put some old RS52AN's (second hand) to use, but something wrong with the epique7 where dispersion above 400hz just sounds like it sucks, feels bass beamy. Had picked up another pair when on sale as someday use the pair for +6db ish. Thought maybe gain 2-3db for 4ohm load but meh, still padding down the mid tweet a lot, but it behaves proportional.

Then went to tang band w4-1720's also acquired second hand, dabbled with small 2 way with them before and little finicky but they fit same opening, was about done then one driver started acting up, buzzing bad 200-1000hz and REW bitching at me about distortion
    , like 10%+. So I was too lazy to make a new baffle and found some happy mids that'll work surface mount and very happy with these.

Attach some pics and the infamous but limited on axis response plot

• edited April 23

My non-theme entry is done but has the wrong size port. Not sure how I did that, but we will get to hear if it make a difference. I'll change it for MWAF.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Originally when had the dayton dome mids, and bad 'rustic' finish baffle, wanted to call them the "sloppy turds" for SDC2024. But now call em the "thugs", glitz and noise in vintage 80's caprice classic with rims. Lotsa SD and excessiveness in shabby chassis.

6thplanetSteve_Lee
  • Can we still bring demo disks? 5 minutes or less?

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Entries dropping like flies, only 13 theme and ~20 non-theme.

5 minutes okay, or can bluetooth.

• If 12 more drop out I might win the competition ;)

a4eaudioSteve_Lee
  • edited April 26

I wasn't able to work on the new 3-ways. So I suppose I'll just bring the Faux Pas since they have only previously played at Michigan and that was a smaller turnout.

• Hmm, maybe I'll load up an old build after all.

• I just finished up today! :)

Ben, Can I get a slot to demo/play my build?

Would really like to hear feedback on what people think I got right and more importantly, got wrong.

Driving from London tomorrow and should be in Fort Wayne early Friday evening.

I don't have a demo disk, so I hope I can "borrow" someone elses...

• We usually play them twice, if in the theme group. Depends on when you get in on Friday if that happens.

• @jhollander said:
    Can we still bring demo disks? 5 minutes or less?

If someone has access to a burner and blank disks I can burn some past DDIY demos, or you can select from my personal library of nearly a terabyte.

I have a signature.
  • Yes, I am already up and about. I accidentally a nap last night from 7-11PM, and so then I fell asleep again about midnite. Apparently today was 4:00AM "empty the dumpster" day and woke me up.

See you guys soon.

I have a signature.
  • Ben, I have the tent cards and should be there around 12:30.

• Heading out, see y'all around 5

• Post pics please! Have fun and be safe everyone!! :)

hifiside
    My signature goes here
  • Nice turn out so far!

• I'm glad "jr@mac" is there so he can weigh in on the MAC driver projects. And damn.... wish I could hear those CSS monsters. Overall, looks like some top quality DIY craftsmanship over there!!

jr@macEd_Perkins6thplanetTurn2
    My signature goes here
  • So far I have heard a MAC 4" 2-way that Ken brought that I thought sounded pretty good. They didn't get lost in the room and handled the playback volume just fine.

I have a signature.
  • FYI - Chuck has been posting some of the fun on Facebook.