Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Project CS24 - MTMW

Comments

• I purposely messed with my kids... I left the bag of kitty litter where they saw it when they got home from school :)

tajanesjhollanderSteve_LeeWolf6thplanet
  • You bought kitty litter Craig? No oil dry in the garage? For shame. =)

tajanes
  • I hear that if you crush the litter it turns to a powder that works even better. Haven't ever tried it though.

• @PWRRYD said:
    I purposely messed with my kids... I left the bag of kitty litter where they saw it when they got home from school :)

Gives the family an idea for your next Bday- daddy’s giving us hints…

Steve_Lee
  • When I filled the internal tubes in the walls of the Stances, I used a dowel to crush and pack it in as I went. There wasn't any room for shifting or rattling on those when they were finished.

• Yep, that's what I did too.

• @ugly_woofer said:
    You bought kitty litter Craig? No oil dry in the garage? For shame. =)

My vehicals don't leak :)

ugly_wooferScottS
  • @ugly_woofer said:
    You bought kitty litter Craig? No oil dry in the garage? For shame. =)

He does own a Ford...😝

ugly_wooferrjj45ScottS
  • C'mon, Craig. You've shown us this trick before, and it's awesome. I wanna see this roundover trick done on all four sides, or at least the sides and top. Get the 3D gonkulator and protractor going!

• Well this project is going in the trash now. I was installing the drivers and test fitting the push on crimp connectors to make sure they were just snug enough and not loose. Pulled one connector off of the CSS LD-22 tweeters and the whole terminal pulled out of the tweeter body. They are glued together and there are no screws so it's not possible to take this tweeter apart and repair it. Big bummer :s

Steve_Leejhollander
  • Is the lead still accessible? Could you solder to it directly?

• @PWRRYD said:
    Well this project is going in the trash now. I was installing the drivers and test fitting the push on crimp connectors to make sure they were just snug enough and not loose. Pulled one connector off of the CSS LD-22 tweeters and the whole terminal pulled out of the tweeter body. They are glued together and there are no screws so it's not possible to take this tweeter apart and repair it. Big bummer :s

That's about a bitch.

I have a signature.
  • Well , shit the bed . Whats the diameter of those? I have some vifa ceramic NE tweeters . Homie hook up price

• edited March 24

That sucks!!!! You've got nothing to lose now, cut the back off and fix it, or cut the backs off of both and make back chambers in the box.

Silver1omoSteve_Lee
  • @Nicholas_23 said:
    Well , shit the bed . Whats the diameter of those? I have some vifa ceramic NE tweeters . Homie hook up price

Which ones?

• 74mm

There's a pair for sale on diyaudio.com, unless sold and not marked sold

• @silverD said:
    Is the lead still accessible? Could you solder to it directly?

Unfortunately no. This is what I've got:

• @Nicholas_23 said:
    Well , shit the bed . Whats the diameter of those? I have some vifa ceramic NE tweeters . Homie hook up price

They are 74 mm OD.

• @ugly_woofer said:
    That sucks!!!! You've got nothing to lose now, cut the back off and fix it, or cut the backs off of both and make back chambers in the box.

Yeah, I might as well start cutting into it. As you say "nothing to lose now".

• Not in a position to pay another $166 at this point.

• @PWRRYD said:

@silverD said:
    Is the lead still accessible? Could you solder to it directly?

Unfortunately no. This is what I've got:

Enhance..... enhance.....is that the tiny voice coil wire on the right side? It looks like it was soldered on perpendicular to the connector.

• Not sure on your voicing on these . Could be a god send ?

• Im a goober, I dont like giving up these vifa drivers . Yours

• I hope that you will be able to repair it.

• Well that sucks! I wonder if a little heat and isopropyl would soften that glue enough to get it apart?

• Craig, sent you a PM

• Project is back on! Bill (4thtry) had a pair that he graciously sold me at a screaming great price! Thanks Bill.

Steve_LeesilverDjr@mac4thtrya4eaudiorjj45Nicholas_23Tom_S6thplanetjhollanderand 3 others.