Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Introduce yourself

Comments

• We need a tube thread..........like now. :)
    D1PP1N4thtry
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • PWRRYD said:
    And we can say butt and balls on this forum :)  Welcome Derek.  Do you brew your own?  That's something I've been wanting to get into.
    I would like to brew my own beer but I don't really have time for a new hobby, plus I know that when I go to the store what I buy is going to be good =)
    duanebro
  • I have too many drivers lying around .... time to shift to tubes rolling around....!
  • Most of you know me from PE... name is Matt, 4 kids and a beautiful wife of almost 18 years. My love for music, loud stereos, sound quality, and woodworking got me into speaker building.

I was into stereos my whole life, as far back as I can remember. My first DIY speaker was a pair of 3 ways... in cardboard boxes when I was in 6th grade using radio shack xovers. Speakers were some 12" Sony woofers from some old 3 ways, then I had a pair of Magnavox bookshelf speakers I used for the mid and tweeter. It sounded like ass, but it was loud so I was proud. It was all downhill from there.

Aside from my family, speaker building and woodworking, I'm also a big car guy, I also enjoy skateboarding, water sports, outdoors, short walks on the beach, and beer.
  • Alexis Amaro, Mexican living in Guadalajara. Married for 10 years, 1 kid (3 months).
    Same nick everywhere...
  • I'm Geoff Schneider from Dayton, Ohio. I'm sure some of you know me for my career, which is Product Development at MCM Electronics. I'm a DIY car audio guy at heart, but love home audio projects just as much. If you have any questions about myself or MCM, feel free to send me a message!
    Faceduanebro
  • Welcome Geoffy! Guys Geoff is my POC at MCM and a real stand up guy. He is also a car audio judge for MECA.
    Ge_off_me
  • Hey Geoff, welcome aboard. 
    I have a signature.
  • Way back in the 90's I was an IASCA install and SQ judge.  Great times for sure!
    Ge_off_me
  • Welcome everyone! This place is starting to really pop now!
  •      Michael Zisserson from Warwick, RI. 2 kids I love and a girlfriend I do not deserve. I have devoted most of the time in loudspeaker design/building trying to find what it means to couple an electrical signal to a mechanical device then through a really shitty medium and into the human interface. I enjoy the "doing" and trying to find diamonds in the rough as it is far more satisfying to make a handful of budget drivers sing than the ones expected to. It has been a bumpy road.....
  • Hey Mr. Z.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Wow...we've got some cool cats joining!!  Nice.  
    My signature goes here
  • Thanks guys. Cool forum format here and it seems like the DIY forum we need, so I really appriciate you guys having me. I have a couple of Irons in the fire so Ill post measurements and the like as I get them. 
  • Who left the gate unlocked???
  • PWRRYD said:
    Who left the gate unlocked???
    Aw come on! I even shaved and cut my mullett!  ;)
  • You cut your mullett?  Awe man, now you're gonna hafta sell your 96 camaro to JR. :)
    Mzissersonjr@macJasonPkennyk
  • I have a pair of vintage reebok high tops and zubas to go with the car  B)
  • I have been building speakers & amps, on & off, as a hobby, since 1974. I’ve created or modified roughly 26 speakers, amps, and other electronic devices over the span of the last 40 years. One of my very first speaker projects was a classic “A7″ horn type system that used a big 500Hz horn on the top and a 15″ horn loaded woofer on the bottom. My brother Steve engineered and constructed the woofer horn while I cut out the big box panels. My other main hobby is photography. When attending speaker shows and events, I enjoy the challenge of using off-camera flash to create unique & interesting lighting effects across all the unique & interesting baffle boards & cabinet shapes that builders invent.
    jhollanderBryan@MACduanebro
  • Good to have you, 4thtry.  For those of you who are scratching your heads right now (saying, don't I know that guy?), this is the dude who contributes the majority of gallery pics for the DIY shows we archive on MAC. His photography skills are only rivaled by his DIY audio skills.   
    My signature goes here
  • Thanks for the kind words, Bryan.  I have a new idea for snapping a wide angle "complete event" pano during the show next week.   Bill 
    kennykS7910JasonP
  • I'm wopper jr.... or the other Brian K  

I've been into audio since high school... Built 3 sets of speakers, and 1 boombox. only 1 was my design (with a lot of input from others). 

I also motorcycle/travel a bit, drink beer, cooking, and make random stuff. I like learning, although it really seems the more you learn, the less you know. 
    jr@macJasonPMzisserson
  • oh, and im south of the city of the monks (Des Moines, IA)
  • Hi Brian!
  • Hi Brian, time for a beer thread
    brek81kennyk
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • brek81 said:
    oh, and im south of the city of the monks (Des Moines, IA)
    Hi Brian,

Welcome! Another DIY speaker guy in the Des Moines area. I've lived here a long time but never heard it called "city of the monks". :)

Were you at the DIY event Saturday?

Jim
  • I was there friday and sat.
  • I wasn't there Friday but was Saturday. I don't remember meeting you. I apologize for not welcoming you to the event. I try to get around and welcome new attendees and renew old acquaintances through the day. That could be valuable training for a career as a Walmart greeter. ;)

Since you're local, if you ever want to hear the Statements II's or the Anthology's, shoot me a PM.

Jim
  • Hi Brian, time for a beer thread
    I like beer! i'm in =)
    brek81kennyk