Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Introduce yourself

Comments

• Hi all,

I met some of you at DIY Iowa. I brought the heavy 3 way two-tone speakers with the excel woofes.

I've been in research& development most of my career, microwave circuits, amplification, and now oxygen delivery systems. 

I got into speaker and audio amp design in the 90's and frequented the mad board. There was a lot of great learning and innovation on that board.  Hope to see more of that and less of the fanboy stuff I see on techtalk.  

Today I have 4 kids, and twice the number of hobbies.   After meeting Scott S at work - I decided to try and get back into speakers --- and now have measurement capability. 
    MzissersonJasonPjr@mac
  • Scott right?  you're the other guy who knows beer right?  we may have a quorum.
    jr@mac
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • lionheart said:

I got into speaker and audio amp design in the 90's and frequented the mad board. There was a lot of great learning and innovation on that board.  Hope to see more of that and less of the fanboy stuff I see on techtalk.
    That is exactly the goal here, as I see it. Welcome aboard!
    jr@mac4thtry
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Scott right?  you're the other guy who knows beer right?  we may have a quorum.
    I'm Derek  B)
    jr@mac

Yep - that's me.  Lionheart----> Scott Patten
    jr@macjhollander
  • Welcome to the real forum.  I still don't have enough karma to invite you, but I am glad someone had the good sense to take care of that.
    jr@mac
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Pete Schumacher from Ballwin MO, just a couple miles from Mr. Hollander.

Been DIY'ing speakers since the late 1970s and doing some really high end stuff for Vapor Audio the last 4 years.  My Avatar is of my infant grandson who is now 5.  He loves music too and has an interest in my hobby.  Designed a few amps in my day too.  Married since 1979, you do the math . . .

See you in Kentucky next month.
    jr@macjhollander
  • edited October 2016
    Just want to take a moment and welcome all the new members. We hope you like it here - so far, so good. 

I am working a ton of hours at work, and this next few months is gearing up to be pretty busy at home as well. At work we are building an expansion to double our square footage, adding additional production lines, introducing new product lines, and the continuous improvement engineer Steve and the lowly process engineer JR are up to their eyeballs in projects as a result, plus I am flying to Chicago in a few weeks for something really exciting called "PackExpo". Yes, I am officially a packaging nerd, now. 

On the home front, the kid is growing up and she has chorus, drivers ed, Girl Scouts, and some other extra-curricular activities that demand time of mom and I. Speaking of which, she is also working her ass off at her new position at AARP. 

Somewhere in there I am going to design some speakers, write a tutorial on the new forum, finalize and document my multi-tap inductor project, finish healing my back, my knee, and my calf from a slip/close call I had a month ago (which means I can go back to the gym - I get fat in a hurry when I am not lifting). 

On top of it all, JP is busy as hell behind the scenes here and BK is busy as hell behind the scenes at www.midwestaudioclub.com, and so it goes.

TL;DR - this is a community driven forum with simple rules and a ton of kickass people hanging out. Have fun!
    I have a signature.
    I do believe we have quite a number of aficionados of the brewing arts hanging out here. 
    kennyk
    I have a signature.
    kennykJasonPbrek81PWRRYDsquamishdroc
  • Sup peeps! I'm Eric (6thplanet from the PE board) I live in Louisville, Ky. Been a speaker geek for a long time and love fabrication of all types. I'm also a big car guy, if it's fast and cool I'm into it. Tops is drag racing and road racing. Married for 5 years now and have two step kids. I know I've met a bunch of ya along the way and look forward to meeting more of the "brotherhood" in the future! Thanks for the invite to this board, hope I can entertain a bit with my builds and help whenever possible. 
    Facejhollander
  • Welcome 6th!
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Welcome aboard!
    I have a signature.
  • Welcome to the club Eric!
  • Welcome aboard Eric! 
  • Great to finally have you here Rich!  
  • The box is also a bit oversized at 60 liters for the m8n, but it looks decent with a low tune, but can't turn it up too much. Should be decent enough though for apartment living.
  • ani_101 said:
    The box is also a bit oversized at 60 liters for the m8n, but it looks decent with a low tune, but can't turn it up too much. Should be decent enough though for apartment living.
    Sorry wrong thread!!!
    kennykMzissersonD1PP1N4thtry
  • My name is Tim Cose and I'm from Milwaukee, WI. Married and first child on the way. I have built some speakers, but my real passion (or maybe neurosis is more accurate) is tubes. I publish projects and designs on my website (WTF Amps) and also moderate a couple of the DIY forums on Reddit.

I've been to a couple of meet-ups with other DIYers, but never a full fledged event. I'm looking forward to the next one with this group!
    Mzissersonkennykgreywarden
  • Welcome too the party. Hope to see ya at an event. 
  • Come on down to IowaDIY!
    I have a signature.
  • More amp guys...!!! Toobz too. Welcome, quite a few events near you, though near is a relative term!
  • Welcome welcome!
  • Welcome Tim. Ive read most of your site. Great stuff man! I ve learned a lot already lol
  • Welcome Tim. Ive read most of your site. Great stuff man! I ve learned a lot already lol
    Glad to hear it!  I'm happy you found it edutainmenting :)
  • Kevin K. on the PE Forum.  Only just beginning to get my feet wet in this awesome hobby and having a blast doing it.  In what seems like a previous lifetime now, was a CAD Designer/CNC Programmer.  Currently the Production Manager for Old Air Products in Fort Worth TX.  If any of you guys are restoring a car on the side and need parts and/or a replacement A/C system, we are a one stop shop for all things A/C related.  Have a great boss now days and he grants me weekend access to the shop which includes a 5-axis CNC.  This allows me to get a little creative with the designs.:)   Single father of two fantastic kiddos, Makayla, she's 18 and Kole, he's 14.  Thanks for having me guys!  
    MzissersonD1PP1Nani_101kennykjhollander
  • Welcome Kevin! Glad to have you here :)
  • Hey Kevin - welcome aboard! Check out the CNC thread posted earlier. 
    I have a signature.
  • Oh, and we are pretty laid back here so if you want to say naughty words, well we are all adults. We don't go out of our way to correct grammatical errors, either. Have fun!
    I have a signature.
  • Welcome Kevin!