Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Sales, deals, and steals - formerly known as the "PE DOTD" thread.

Comments

• Just buy ,
    rjj45DanPjhollanderR-Carpenter
  • I remember that Chi 2011 event, and that Pete asked me directly my opinion after/during their demo. I told him it was "like they didn't quite meet in the middle". He took them home, measured them, and found a dip at the xover point. That build was with RS28A's.
    PWRRYD
  • I have a set of the NE180, and am going to pair the CAT378 with them to hopefully minimize Z-offset.
  • So what's the verdict on the 10's? Anyone have a box model... still didn't enough time to sim one... but i already have the 8's, not sure if this would be very different.
  • Just buy ,
    Show off  :p
    Nicholas_23rjj45R-Carpenter
  • but wait theres more
  • and more , probably more of hoarder at this point
  • Are those my old NE silk done with the missing phase shield?
    I have a signature.
  • Are those my old DA tweeters, too? And the little 4.5" guys, too? That reminds me, you have a pair of 8" in my garage. 

I'm an enabler. 
    Nicholas_23
    I have a signature.
  • ani_101 said:
    So what's the verdict on the 10's? Anyone have a box model... still didn't enough time to sim one... but i already have the 8's, not sure if this would be very different.
    Modeling them now.  Very versatile specs.  F3 in the high 20s in 1.5 cu ft with a 1dB drop EBS alignment.  F3 in the mid-30s with a standard 1 cu ft alignment and you can even cram it in a 0.7 cu ft box with a 40Hz F3 and only a little 0.5dB bump above rolloff.  Port lengths with all these options are longish but doable (23" and under) keeping port velocity acceptable.  Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I'm not sure I'm going to make it until midnight.😬
  • edited April 2020
    Just buy ,
    Hey where's the 225s?!  Or is it the 265s you're missing there?
  • OOOh- Vifa XT midbasses!!! SCHMOOOOOOVE...
  • Wolf said:
    OOOh- Vifa XT midbasses!!! SCHMOOOOOOVE...
    Nick has the woodys, I have the glass version. We keep meaning to do something with them. 
    I have a signature.
  • You have the XG then, cool! I thought the XT sounded soooo good back in 2003 when I heard them in Pjay's "Moxy". I heard the XG in 2007 at the first InDIYana in one of Dan Neubecker's builds. It was a John Kreskovsky design.

Good drivers, and they're the reason the NE line is as good repped as it is- they are the predecessors of the NE drivers.
  • finally got the chance to model with published specs. looks good in 40liters, 28Fb 28F3, port is around 14.5 inches and 3 inches diameter.

hmmm... i do have quite a lot of 10" drivers...

• The only issue seems to be the RE, st 2.86 it will be closer to 2 ohm after the XO....
  • Wolf said:
    OOOh- Vifa XT midbasses!!! SCHMOOOOOOVE...

I wish Vifa didn't discontinue the XT/XG drivers, they were pretty much and ideal midrange.
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • @ Ben , good eye, they are indeed , as JR mentioned he has the glass version. Bought both versions from a gent in NY , gifted the glass cones to JR for Bday present.
    @JR yes sir , and I appreciate you for them
    @DanP missing the 8 inch version ,other than that,I have most of the NE series. Love my Vifas lol
  • I caved. Went to order a pair of the ne @11:30 and apparently PE must be in an earlier time zone.  The special is now an HDMI splitter.  What, no flashlight???   
  • Buy any Facial pro drivers and get a free fleshlight 
    joeybutts
  • Not trying to hijack the thread , dB have you messed with the old vifa X series drivers?
  • Some 10+ years ago a friend of mine built Zaph's MTM tower using the XT. Zaph took that design off his site once the drivers were NLA, bit it was with a 27TDFC tweeter.
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Kornbread said:
    I caved. Went to order a pair of the ne @11:30 and apparently PE must be in an earlier time zone.  The special is now an HDMI splitter.  What, no flashlight???   
    I was on  a long phone call and remembered at 12:30 that I had not completed the purchase.
    Amazingly, the PE cart let me buy a pair!
    Thanks for the modeling guys. Those 'uns will make a great bottom end for a future 3 way.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • After a long and painful struggle I decided not to press the buy button. I have a long list of 10 inch drivers languishing in storage, most are NLA, didn't want to add more that would soon go NLA.
  • ani_101 said:
    After a long and painful struggle I decided not to press the buy button. I have a long list of 10 inch drivers languishing in storage, most are NLA, didn't want to add more that would soon go NLA.
    yeah, I understand!
    I've got some 8s, some 12s, but out of 10s. 
    But I'll probably get around to these in about 2 years lol.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • I have enough large drivers. RSS12, RSS210 pair, RSS10, 830500 pair, Rat Shack15", RatShack 12", Dayton proto15", HiVi SP10 pair, quad of M8A, etc....
  • edited April 2020
    I have the quad of M8A's too! in 10's i have Peerless CSX10, Volt 10s, Focal yellow 10s, audax 10, scan 10s, Wavecor 10, satori 9.5
  • Wow, Ani, you likely have me beat!
    rjj45S7910
  • Nice 8" woofer on sale this weekend. If I wasn't full up on woofers. 
    I have a signature.
  • PE coupon code POP7 for 7% off. I just bought the Dayton 2.1 amp on sale + 7% off code, not a bad deal.