Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Sales, deals, and steals - formerly known as the "PE DOTD" thread.

Comments

•    Missed it! (for my Dr Diff xover order). :'(    On 2nd thought, probably a good thing I missed it, as I will probably end up changing part values several more times.     :)   
  • PE has some of the 1.5" Tectonic bmr and the pc105 4" poly on flash sale. 
    What are your thoughts on these???
  • I used the PC105-4 in the Bar-Gain soundbar, and I liked it.
  • Good price on the Epique 5-1/4" today. I suspect they will find that is a happier price point for a Dayton branded small woofer. 
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    Good price on the Epique 5-1/4" today. I suspect they will find that is a happier price point for a Dayton branded small woofer. 
    They've been trying to up market for a while, which is a good strategy. First SB Satori ate their lunch, and now comes along Purifi. But I suspect they make a ton of money on the pro business.
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • If I only needed solder, today would be a good day to buy it.
    Turn2
  • Indeed, couple different eutectic options. Highly recommended for speaker guys to go the 63/37 x .031" route.
    jholtz
    I have a signature.
  • edited March 2020
    I agree with the 63/37 and I will add that 0.031" is my go to diameter for almost all applications.  I use that size for point to point construction of amps/preamps, building crossovers, as well as most pcb work.  The only time I use the 0.020" is for SMD work.  And I have some 0.050" that rarely gets used except for maybe soldering 12 gauge stranded wire.
  • Ol' Stahl must have bought a metric fuckton of cheap flashlights. They are often DOTD. 

Right now the little Beston is under $25, and a couple 8" DVC added to the buyouts. One is all of $9, so if a guy wanted to build a bass tower on the cheap, might be an option.

Also a couple interesting full rangers, one Sony and one Gento. 

They are still way out of line on the pricing for those semi-shit "high excursion" drivers used in their house branded powered subwoofers, though. 

Can't forget the Piezo Source buyout tweeter for $10. 

I can't wait for my leg to heal so I can kit out my garage and basement. Lame.
    I have a signature.
  • Looks like another flashlight as DOTD. Whooptieshit.
    rjj45
    I have a signature.
  • From Newark if you need some MCM drivers.

To celebrate St Patricks Day we’re giving you a week of 17% off online orders!

Use Voucher code: Patty2020

[03/16/2020] – [03/20/2020] (“Offer Period”).

Ron
  • edited March 2020
    Old habits die hard. Ordered a pair of Dynavox tweets (on sale for $22) and Dynavox honeycomb 6.5" woofers (on sale for $34). Figure can't go wrong at those prices. I doubt the tweeter is worth the normal $35 (much less the ~$50 PE used to charge before MCM exposed their gouging), but at $22 it might be adequate. 

Maybe PE will offer a kit around these, I'm sure a lot of people are curious about the drivers. 
    I have a signature.

• I'm not seeing what you're seeing?
  • Sorry, I thought PE had them on sale the sale is at Newark.
  • Referring to the 'used to be $50 before mcm exposed them'?   
  • Several years ago when PE was the only DC for Dynavox, they were priced quite a bit higher. MCM picked then up and were ~30% lower. PE eventually followed suit.
    I have a signature.
  • I miss the old slab-framed units.
  • We have the ballsy Vifa 8 incher here.  Would be better at $35 though, being a buyout woofer.

• Yeah, $70 is a bit steep for that woofer. 
    I have a signature.
  • It looks good for the bottom end of a 3-way, it should be $40-$50 though. I think I recall spending $50ea for my NOS Vifa M22WR09 10" woofers a couple years back. Peerless HDS is similarly priced, but with a shorter xmax and higher VAS will likely want a larger cabinet.
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • An M22 would be an 8" woofer. M26 is a 10".
  • edited March 2020
    Typo...M26WR09-08
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Any love for the XT19TD00-04?
  • That is awesome tweeter.
    I have a signature.
  • It is unlikely to find better treble for $15. I ordered a pair, plus a pair of the 4" coaxial on sale for $20. 
    I have a signature.
  • Arggg.  I'm probably going to order a pair of the XR19TD's and a pair of those TC10FG's.  I have a pair of Tang Band W5 woofers I bought from Brad that should make a killer narrow baffle 3 way hybrid OB project.
    jr@macTimsie
  • The W5-1138SM 

I didn't order the TC10's or XT19's because I have too many drivers sitting on shelves as it is.
  • WHAT! A speaker geek displaying self control? Quarantine this man, stat! Induce large dosages of Speaker Builder and VoiceCoil magazines!!!
    DanPMartyHjr@mac