Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Sales, deals, and steals - formerly known as the "PE DOTD" thread.

Comments

• Solen is clearing out Eton drivers, so I'm guessing they may be leaving diy.

• Let's face it, they weren't exactly jumping off the shelves.

Steve_Lee6thplanet
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • I've always thought those Arcosia black and silver drivers would make a beautiful speaker. But I couldn't pull the trigger even if they were on sale for 50% off.

• edited February 2023

Looks like the discount code works with the buyouts as well.
    They buyouts are a little spendy though.
    I'd like to see your collection Nick.

• @a4eaudio said:
    I've always thought those Arcosia black and silver drivers would make a beautiful speaker. But I couldn't pull the trigger even if they were on sale for 50% off.

They look cool.
    I do not see any Eton drivers on the Mad site. Looks like they no longer have them.

• @Mitchell_Cote said:
    Looks like the discount code works with the buyouts as well.

Yep, I got the email with the discount code this morning. But put my order in Saturday night. Debating whether to call them and try to get the discount applied.

• The price of Eton's may be justified, but it's hard to say with the limited data they release. I hate to see them leave, because I most likely would have eventually tried them

Billet
  • For a German company their FR graphs look like they are drawn with a Crayon.

Steve_Lee
  • @Tom_S said:
    SB 6.5" aluminum cone at around 50% off - that's really tempting!!

That's one of my favorites of the current batch. Trying to resist....

Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Etons always looked bitchin, but yeah, to rich for my wallet.

• The Etons get mediocre to terrible feedback for the money at hificompass. I personally haven't tried them, but it may be worth looking into.

• I have a pair of the Orchestra 11-612 in a 3-way. Solid bass, little distortion, easy to cross. That being said they were only $135 each from Madisound when purchased in 2021. Very happy with the purchase.

e6zion
  • I remember liking how those sounded in your 3 way.

• The PE site is seriously screwed up today. They only list 8 different woofers right now.

• @PWRRYD said:
    I remember liking how those sounded in your 3 way.

Thanks for the compliment, but upon arriving home I disassembled the damaged one and discovered that a connector had slipped off one of them. In essence it was a single Eton working.

• I did a small 2-way for Nick using an Eton midbass. It was OK, but the performance was not justified by the price.

I have a signature.
  • Those Etons were purchased from Fritz over at Fritze audio , he gave me a deal on those when I purchased a couple other parts from him. I agree , the price is steep and would not pay full price for those drivers.

• I paid $135 each for the Eton 11-612's from Madisound three years ago.

• edited February 2023

@Wolf said:
    Page 7 H1500 or 29ttfc uncut both $45.
    Edit:
    I'll bet ttfc is typo, and it's tffc. This is the aluminum 29mm with rubber oval insert.

That's a no. Ordered a set, see below...

They look alot like 27TBFC to me, labeled 29ttfcd/g, or H1500. I don't think I've seen this one before. They feel heavier to me than the others, but appear to be with the same chamber, plastic face and grills. I feel I should dive into the alphanumeric and come up with details of the design if possible.
    They do not have diffuser discs under the grill.

• edited February 2023

Okay, so it means 29mm, tweeter, titanium, ferrofluid, chamber, double magnet, with grill.
    These are not aluminum folks! The D is why they are heavier.

Colonel7Steve_Lee6thplanet
  • @Wolf said:
    Okay, so it means 29mm, tweeter, titanium, ferrofluid, chamber, double magnet, with grill.
    These are not aluminum folks! The D is why they are heavier.

I was going to get some of these, but didn't pull the trigger when ordering some other stuff. I had compared the available specs and thought they might be slightly modified 27TBFC's and decided they weren't that interesting for the price. Now that you have dug into them, how good of a bargain to you (subjectively) think they are for $45?

• Being the motor is like the DXT double magnet, and a 29mm, I would place it likely in the $70-80 range if new.

• edited February 2023

Spoke with Michael Kelly of Aerial Acoustics, and he felt the ScanSpeak R2604/833002 was the better tweeter (used in the current line).

Obviously much is based on implementation, but the current Aerials definitely sound excellent.

• Well, the R29 tweet I've seen used in the 7 is not a cheapie, and definitely sounds good. I would call that an upgrade. Seems to me I tend to prefer SS tweeters over Seas in most cases. However, the Seas Titan is a great tweeter.

e6zion
  • @e6zion said:
    Spoke with Michael Kelly of Aerial Acoustics, and he felt the ScanSpeak R2604/833002 was the better tweeter (used in the current ...

This is now also available at PE as a buyout too. Truncated frame, $50. Was posted several days after all of the other Aerial stuff.

• Aerial is a pretty legit commercial outfit.

I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:
    Aerial is a pretty legit commercial outfit.

Did they go belly up or did they just send PE a bunch of NOS drivers - anybody know?

• 29TTFCD/G, sample 1 and 2....

• Based soley on those measurements; it looks like you need to cut them open and tweek em like you did to those turd RST28's PE gave/sold to some of us.

e6zion