Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Cnc talk

12345679»

Comments

• As far as spindles go. The 4 bearing water cooled china unit with a custom pc watercooling setup, and modbus connection (vfd to usb to pc) and hitachi vfd is $800 vs the cncrp at $1800. I live like 30 minutes away from Automation technologies inc so i could get replacements very quickly if needed. 

Im not sure if there is a benefit to having everything on ethernet (which i currently have vs ethernet and the spindle using usb in mach3). The big difference is i can probably get almost 2 upgrades for the same pricepoint which is attractive! I dont know their pinout of the quick connect for the spindle on the plug and play kit. I might have to contact them and find it. 
  • As far as I know, water cooled spindles are quieter. More power is always better!
    More Power!!!!!!!
  • I made an excel sheet with speeds and feeds for single and 2 flute endmills. It has different tyoe of materials and the chiploads for those types of products. You can pick your ipm feed rate and it tells you router rpm or vice versa you pick a router speed and it suggests a ipm. Its based on chipload chart from vortex tool company (a high and low). Can share it if anyone wants it. 
  • Man, been finally processing more sheet goods. Im working on an improved spoilboard as well because i want some extra clamping options. Ill post pictures when its done. 

Cut 120 push sticks and 16 circle radius jogs for a local cabinet guy. Nice dude to meet it wikk be a useful contact in the future! 

Also cut a deck piece engraved for a neighbor that was fun! 
    R-CarpenterS7910
  • A bit of a 2.5d machining.
  • That looks pretty sweet Roman. Im going to have to do something similar after my vacation. 
  • Been working on some other stuff. Testing inlays and other stuff. Got a big LCR baffle job for a local guy its with 2 of those big ass woofers. The frankenstein / bride of frankenstien cutout is cool. 

ani_101hifisidejhollanderkennykPWRRYD
  • Thats pretty neat gents . Have you guys been taking requests for baffle cut outs? 
  • I do, its alot easier/cheaper to ship baffles too. If you have dimensions, driver sizes/thicknesses and what material thickness you want let me know i can pm ya a quote and see what we can do. 
  • Mike made some name plate signs for my kids and they were fantastic!
    Nicholas_23
  • Also, the Penguins were CNC cut by Mike.... They were the two ways at Indy/Dakota DIY
    Nicholas_23
  • D1PP1N said:
    I do, its alot easier/cheaper to ship baffles too. If you have dimensions, driver sizes/thicknesses and what material thickness you want let me know i can pm ya a quote and see what we can do. 
    Awsome , I will keep you posted when I get closer to the build I have in mind. Thank you 
  • Need to make 4 drawers for my kitchen, wanted to test box joints. The plywood was scrap bent stuff but the fitment is excellent! 

R-CarpenterNicholas_23jhollanderPWRRYDkennyk
  • Been starting to contemplate selling my cnc. I haven't been utilizing it much this year. Would love to have my garage back in the winter which is my biggest incentive. Tough call but i go through hobbies every few years. Its probably time to move on to the more healthy hobby for me. 
    hifiside
  • D1PP1N said:
    Been starting to contemplate selling my cnc. I haven't been utilizing it much this year. Would love to have my garage back in the winter which is my biggest incentive. Tough call but i go through hobbies every few years. Its probably time to move on to the more healthy hobby for me. 
    If you do. Let me know. I believe you have the Pro? Which can be added onto. 
  •   I too would be interested. 
  • More healthy hobby?
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I started mountain biking like 2 months ago. I'm loving it! My lower back is feeling great and im down 5 lb! I was just refering to all the dust and finishing stuff. I will probably start selling my woodworking tools first then the cnc will be the last to go. It's the 4x4 pro that can be extended. It has the fuchs proximity sensors and nema 23 plug and play/ethernet etc. Im on the fence right now on selling it or not but if i do its some months away. I need it to do some of my kitchen before I sell lol.
    hifisideR-CarpenterPWRRYD
  • I pulled the trigger on 4th rotational axis and linear bearings. CNC router parts now has 7kwt spindle too but I need wait. $ are tight.
  • D1PP1N said:
    I started mountain biking like 2 months ago. I'm loving it! My lower back is feeling great and im down 5 lb! I was just refering to all the dust and finishing stuff.
    I started commuting to work on the bike. 16 miles a day, 6 days a week. Loving it!
    Two thirds of the way it's a park and green ways. One third is just Brooklyn streets. Some have bike lanes, some don't. Not too bad over all.
    D1PP1N
  • Rebuild started. Over 4 years the middle of the table sagged by 1/16". Going to re-leveled and straighten it out.
    kennyk
  • Getting there slowly. It is now a 4'x10" table besides a 4th axis. Missing a bunch of fasteners so the re-build will probably continue in to the next week.
    I have a complete set of V-con rails and bearings if anyone wants to build a cnc.

kennykhifisideD1PP1N
  • Thats a sweet setup Roman! 
  • This is something I machined in 4axis. Still having quite a few issues to resolve and things to learn. Indexing rotational axis and positioning the stock virtually and physically adds yet another level of complexity. There's apparently an incorrect post that Rhinocam calculates for Mach4 and Mach3 for inverse time feedrate. So, lots of things to iron out but I feel like the future is bright. :3
    This was machined using Mach4 post in Mach3, manually correcting radius. ....  
    jhollanderD1PP1Nkennyk