Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

2021 Meniscus / CSS DIY get-together

Finally got the dates and location locked in for the Meniscus/CSS get-together, Sept. 17th-18th in Grand Rapids Michigan. Details in the following link:

http://links.meniscusaudio.com/?ref=YIUAADiQp41rJrY5oPjxtS0gjNqtk_-lAQAAAPOCkdz9xizUWdiI7Qv6d-7HBLgHPuhIKxQD-VRHGvHdd4O6RDN-fGJtpONf_NqsvkVCVSK7y0OXIzGGr236czvJS4E9ktI6hLHQRxDngh7ZXxsZXPxfl2zK2S-Jg6mFZ4XwXP8_6qbS8-uoW39f6ui5idjgwlcrdfM3qZ6RG7b97MODsTAmc6nb8fLZ9Qnf6R2BwAjhMLGrbAJNs19HKdwTpZhMm_UuUuho63slmMTRvDIyqA0EIhQmlhdGaeRJMDvamAGy0hkpRBwUxnup881Pgpj3Z6hoKCbedWRppOsuEdY1fv7eHfhipPx66R_6UGKXV6AxA2C_k20JrkZNDutYUvFiqd4i9KK9MzJ_5EK8MtfvmaOuEJhEwENd6QG-A3VlY8dTQV8NLXcMfm84kg5A6_5gXgc-PKJmwMyOwYEXWWwKOj0zBi2u4U_di6gwVMvSmQ73gX5VutUx9_3X_KHSUQcoBRJySzxZLJshheMV

No theme this year, but we do have a couple rules to keep things entertaining.

1. Please bring only designs new to this event since 2019 (2020 was skipped due to Covid)
  2. Each speaker will get 5 min of house music and 5 min of music brought by the designer. Finding new great demo tracks is one of the best parts of these events and we want to encourage people to bring their own demo music instead of choosing to replay someone else's music. In the absence of personal demo tracks, the speaker will be limited to the 5 min of house tracks.
  3. Entrants can bring as many speakers as they want to demo, but we will allow only one entry per person per "round" before moving on to the next "round" so if we run out of time, everyone should have had equal opportunity to demo their speakers. As such, please prioritize multiple entries in order of desire to demo - we will have some method of labeling this at the event.

Can't wait to see you all there and let me know if you have any questions!

konfyoused

Comments

• Count me in as well. Grand Rapids was a ton of fun last time. One project for sure, possibly a second if I get myself back in gear.

DanP
  • I'll check on pto availability but I'd like to attend.

DanP
    I have a signature.
  • I'm not sure if I will be able to make the drive this year,

I guess I'll walk the 3.5 miles.

jr@macPWRRYDDanPTurn2rjj45joeybuttsS7910
  • Hmmmm.... that's a possibility.

• I'm a maybe for the event. I've nothing to show at this point so I'd just be attending.

DanP
  • I'm definitely in for this one! I will for sure bring the PlumDingers speakers I made for my wife since those haven't had an appearance in the DIY circuit yet. If enough folks want I could bring my Party Animals PA speakers and subwoofer setup. That's a big ordeal though just to set up for 5 minutes. Stands, DJ box, wires, etc. If anyone has a real strong desire let me know. I might rent a uhaul trailer to make that happen.

DanP
  • My EMP have only shown at LaPorte small get together and InDIYana 2021. I'm planning on bringing them, cabinets finished or not.

DanP
  • EMP? Was that your project with the two 830991 woofers?

• I might have the mnemosyne's done by then, otherwise it's the Aliquis again.

DanP
  • @6thplanet said:
    Hmmmm.... that's a possibility.

Make it definite. It seems like I haven't seen you for about 4 years.

• Any luck or gumption for the 'Portals'?

• It would be nice to visit Michigan again. Might be a possibility for me depending on the work load and schedule. We have a tentative launch of Landsat 9 in that time frame . I will not likely not bring anything.

DanP
  • Nick, maybe we can fly out together. I don't room with anyone on the road though due to my awesome snoring.

KEtheredge87DanPrjj45Nicholas_23
    I have a signature.
  • @Wolf said:
    Any luck or gumption for the 'Portals'?

No sir, neither. I'll be bringing the Moon Songs though. I got a pair of the 4" Purifi drivers recently too that I want to do a micro 2-way with, but I don't think I'll be done with them by Sept.

joeybutts
  • If I go and if I present, I would ship something one-way and trust a fellow attendee to bring my shit to Iowa the next month.

I spoke with the CFO last night and we are good on this end - will chat with the boss and make sure it will be good on this end and will likely register, book my room and flight by tonight.

So, who will be in GR that will also attend Iowa if I decide to ship something in?

I have a signature.
  • @DanP said:

@6thplanet said:

@DanP said:

@6thplanet said:

It's looking good, I'm pretty sure Adam is in as well.

DanP
  • What's the hotel recommendation?

• Hotel booked, Im staying at the suggested Radisson. Orbitz is being a butthole right now, though. I have United credit from my canceled trip to Ft. Wayne last year, but they are being buttholes about it. Hope they figure it out sooner than later.

I plan on flying in to GR around 1:30PM - and I will either take a lift to Meniscus or maybe one of the kind and generous and wonderful fellow attendees can meet me at the airport and pick me up...?

I have a signature.
  • JR, let me run it past my wife tonight to make sure I'm good to go to both events, then I can be your speaker mule.

• Sounds good, Craig. Let me know!

Orbitz website is still being a butthole right now. Jerks.

I have a signature.
  • JR, I'm good to go!

jr@mac
  • Sweet!

I have a signature.
  • edited July 2021

I have a good start on some mini monitors with the CSS LD25X tweeters. I'll do my best to have them finished by September.

• @DanP - you guys getting any group rates at the hotels, or no since we're using a 3rd party conference center?

• Orbitz is no longer being a butthole, booked my flight this morning. Will arrive at GRR around 2PM.

I have a signature.
  • I really wish the border would open soon... :(

• @KEtheredge87 said:
    @DanP - you guys getting any group rates at the hotels, or no since we're using a 3rd party conference center?

No group rate that I know of for the exact reason you said, but I'll double check with Mark. Apparently the local hotels were not super helpful in getting this set up, I think mostly due to understaffing issues.

• @jr@mac said:
    Orbitz is no longer being a butthole, booked my flight this morning. Will arrive at GRR around 2PM.

It's a party now. GRR is only a 5 min detour for anybody coming in from the east and only 20 min away from Meniscus anyway. I don't have my other plans in place well enough to commit at this point, but I can probably pick you up.