Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Tweeter sale at Solen

Lots of tweeters on sale at Solen - was looking at the Dayton ES25ND-4 for only $40 cdn. Are these a good tweeter? Can't remeber if they got good reviews or not.

Comments

• I've not heard the ND version, just the ferrite, and it was okay. Maybe a bit more rippley response than some, but definitely usable.
  • edited November 2017
       About those prices.  Their prices are all in CAD right, so that 40$ tweeter is really about $31 US dollars?  If that's right, I've been wanting the da25bg08 (22.58CAD/17.69US ) and sb19st (16.35CAD/12.81US).  S&H is a bit rough.  Didn't see it on their site; do they have a minimum order to get reduced/free shipping?   
  • Yes, some very sweet deals over there.
    https://solen.ca/products/on-sale/
  • Kornbread said:
       About those prices.  Their prices are all in CAD right, so that 40$ tweeter is really about $31 US dollars?  If that's right, I've been wanting the da25bg08 (22.58CAD/17.69US ) and sb19st (16.35CAD/12.81US).  S&H is a bit rough.  Didn't see it on their site; do they have a minimum order to get reduced/free shipping?   
    They don't do free shipping. But yes - all the prices are in Cdn $$ - which is a good deal for you guys south of the border. If you add items to the cart and proceed to checkout it will give you shipping options.
  • To the OP, if you want those Dayton ES tweeters, you better jump on them, there is only 2 in stock.

The DA25 I don't think I've ever seen not on sale at Solen, it is just a great price. Same goes for the Vifa TG9, a fair bit cheaper up here than what I see down south.

There's a bunch of Wavecor tweeters around the $20-$25 range that are very tempting.

Be sure to check quantity available before you order, some items at Solen have been on sale for ages because they only have 1 on the shelf that they can't sell because everyone wants pairs.
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Kornbread said:
    They don't do free shipping. But yes - all the prices are in Cdn $$ - which is a good deal for you guys south of the border. If you add items to the cart and proceed to checkout it will give you shipping options.

Their sale prices are great, but the shipping costs blow.  Even at those prices, a pair of the da25, plus shipping, is <$2 cheaper than PE's full price plus shipping.  Add in one of PE's sales, 10% code, and free shipping over $100 and well ... there's probably nothing Solen can do about shipping rates, it's a shame cause they have some good product, and good prices. 

Thinking out loud, they do tend to sell higher end products, so their clientele is a bit different from that of PE.  When spending a couple grand on a Bryston amp (me likes) you're probably not that bothered by a few dollars more in shipping.                             
  • You could always go through Meniscus and have them order it. I've done that a few times.
  • Wolf said:
    You could always go through Meniscus and have them order it. I've done that a few times.
    Does that work out better? But Meniscus doesn't carry all of Solen's stuff... I am interested in a couple of obscure drivers
  • Kornbread said:
    Kornbread said:

Their sale prices are great, but the shipping costs blow.  Even at those prices, a pair of the da25, plus shipping, is <$2 cheaper than PE's full price plus shipping.  Add in one of PE's sales, 10% code, and free shipping over $100 and well ... there's probably nothing Solen can do about shipping rates, it's a shame cause they have some good product, and good prices. 

Thinking out loud, they do tend to sell higher end products, so their clientele is a bit different from that of PE.  When spending a couple grand on a Bryston amp (me likes) you're probably not that bothered by a few dollars more in shipping.                             
    I'm curious what they charge for shipping to the States. Even my options to have stuff shipped to BC seems a bit pricy.
  • Yes, their shipping can be a bit crazy at times, even to Ontario. They don't have a currency selector on their site and that makes it hard to figure prices out sometimes.However, those are fantastic prices for local customers.
  •   

Oh yeah, the prices are great.  That's a reason I though maybe the site had already converted them to US dollars. 

A pair of sb19st's and da25bg's cost $25 US dollars in shipping, to Missouri, for the least expensive shipping option.  The sb19's alone were over $18.  Kind of hard to justify $18 in shipping for a pair of $13 tweeters.   

• Meniscus can source anything from Mad, PE, Solen, etc. I just prefer dealing with Meniscus over Solen direct. For example, the D5G was discontinued in the USA, and Meniscus sourced one from Solen for me. I got it in about 3 days. Just call or e-mail them. I'm sure Mark can hook you up.
    kenrhodes
  • Thanks Ben. I'll reach out to Mark.
    Regards
    Ani
  • The one that has me drooling is the Wavecor TW030WA06 30 mm tweeter for under $20 USD.  Even with high shipping that's quite a deal.  Must resist temptation......
  • The one that has me drooling is the Wavecor TW030WA06 30 mm tweeter for under $20 USD.  Even with high shipping that's quite a deal.  Must resist temptation......
    That tweeter is on my list as well 
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I went ahead and pulled the trigger on those wavecor TW030WA06 tweeters , I was quoted 16 bucks shipping to South Dakota . I went the cheapest route they had to get them here. I did try meniscus and they said they would call me back but never heard back from them so just took care of it myself. 
  • God damn their website is for shit. 
    I have a signature.
  • I would not bother Meniscus to have them get sale items from another retailer.  Maybe if you were going to pay full price I could see doing that.
  • Why can’t we just pool all our interest together and have the lot shipped to one person....like me for example?  If there’s a bulk order and it’s sent to one US address I’m sure the shipping savings would be worth it. I don’t really need any drivers but I have a contact at Solen and I could inquire about a shipping discount on a large order. Thoughts?
    kennyk
    My signature goes here
  • jr@mac said:
    God damn their website is for shit. 
    It is VERY slow.
  • Bryan@MAC said:
    Why can’t we just pool all our interest together and have the lot shipped to one person....like me for example?  If there’s a bulk order and it’s sent to one US address I’m sure the shipping savings would be worth it. I don’t really need any drivers but I have a contact at Solen and I could inquire about a shipping discount on a large order. Thoughts?

How much of a discount, what's it going to cost for you to ship to me @ 63841, and can it be done before the sale ends?  
  • Kornbread said:
    Bryan@MAC said:
    Why can’t we just pool all our interest together and have the lot shipped to one person....like me for example?  If there’s a bulk order and it’s sent to one US address I’m sure the shipping savings would be worth it. I don’t really need any drivers but I have a contact at Solen and I could inquire about a shipping discount on a large order. Thoughts?

How much of a discount, what's it going to cost for you to ship to me @ 63841, and can it be done before the sale ends?  
    Kinda depends on what you want.  A pair of tweeters should be around $7.
    My signature goes here
  • Bryan@MAC said:

While I don't need anything, I'm in.  Seems like a good excuse to pick up a few drivers.
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I am in for two pairs.... for this one,  I think this should be a good tweeter (TW022WA05)
  • Bryan@MAC said:

While I don't need anything, I'm in.  Seems like a good excuse to pick up a few drivers.
    Which ones??

My signature goes here
  • edited November 2017
    If I do this, I'm doing it tonight.  The inventory listed on the web site is incorrect, so I will have to call to verify what's in stock before I order.  So tell me what tweeters you'd want and I'll see what I can do.  Don't ask me tomorrow.
    My signature goes here
  • ani_101 said:
    How is this tweeter for 20 CAD? wavecor TW022WA05
    https://solen.ca/products/speakers/home-speakers/tweeters/tw022wa05/
    Yup, I'll be getting a couple pair of those as well and so is @JasonP
    My signature goes here
  • any other good drivers? guess woofers would be pricey very soon... when shipping is added!