Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Work Humor

Comments

• If that's all that happens, it's a slow day where I work.
    6thplanet
  • Feel sorry for this kid the first time they had to write their name.

• edited December 2019
    'you can call me Mr. T'...
  • This little critter was found in a radio from Texas...

• Dead or alive?
  • Dead, dried up, luckily 🤭
  • Self explanatory.

jr@mac

• This is a bit of tooling, made of polycarbonate (same material as safety glasses) impregnated with some type of resin. My production team claimed the sanitation team "dropped" it. Fun fact: I did a drop test on one from ten feet, it did not do anything but bounce around, much less deform to that level. 
    I have a signature.

• No, we NEVER use utility knives to clear a back wrap on a roller! 
    I have a signature.

• Hard to see in this pic, but the lighter colored flecks you see are aluminum embedded in my soon-to-be-a-grenade grinder wheel. Guard was missing, too. My maintenance team is not immune to dumbassery.
    I have a signature.
  • OK, this is me ranting - not always funny stuff. 
    I have a signature.
  • This is a little funnier. For three years I have been trying to get a CapEx project approved to replace some antiquated refrigeration units, to no avail. Well, one finally took a royal shit this past July so I finally got to do something (suboptimal but reasonably effective) - and this is one of the evaporators I removed from the freezer:

Not the most efficient system by this time. The other three in there were not much better. Funny because I normally do not engage in "I told ya so" behavior, but I did this time. 
    6thplanetsquamishdrocjoeybutts
    I have a signature.
  • And finally (for now), a typical day in the life:

I have a signature.
  • Scotch tape and TP? Yes, rotted surround replacement.

PWRRYD
  • Classy

How much is the repair bill to refoam one of those? 
  • jr@mac said:

No, we NEVER use utility knives to clear a back wrap on a roller! 
    Ouch
  • How to properly clean up a feed spill on a trailer ...

We have our share of random dumbassery too.
  • 301 repair is $75 a pair
  • Apparently crating expensive, custom built stainless panels is a lost art, as is receiving clerks who inspect before signing.... Sigh.

kenrhodesS7910
    I have a signature.
  • Apparently new construction is not immune to stupidity.... Installed bollards before building door.

squamishdrockenrhodes6thplanetS7910joeybutts
    I have a signature.
  • They measured twice...and cut once!
  • I would love to have heard that conversation....

• jr@mac said:
    Apparently crating expensive, custom built stainless panels is a lost art, as is receiving clerks who inspect before signing.... Sigh.

Estes? Looks like their handiwork based on having to constantly inspect their deliveries before signing for them.
  • I work in a distribution center, and I've seen much worse...
  • Little work humor from my archives. Been there, done that.
    HR comes in "We'd like you to be frank about the new VP"

jr@mac
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Our place has become like that.  Keep your mouth shut and walk the company line or it's the unemployment line. It has completely killed innovation and motivation.  Been a few years since improvement ideas were posted, but IIRC, for one month there were a grand total of 3 suggestions and that's when we had 500+ people.       
  • We struggle to get communication going at work. There was a string of asshole plant and maintenance managers before I came aboard, so I spend a lot of time engaging, inviting people to kaizen events, and coaching/empowering. 

Frustrating, to say the least. Rebuilding trust has been a struggle. However, I think February I will be transitioning into engineering project management so I may not give a shit anymore lol.
    Silver1omo
    I have a signature.
  • A team lead position just opened up and I encouraged a certain employee to put in for the position.  I know the others who have in for the position and they are in no way team players.  We call them hay bosses, or lazy a$$ kissers.  They put their work off onto everyone else until the boss comes around then they are all a$$holes and elbows.  No morals.  They would even further kill shop floor motivation as they would only use that position for personal power gain.  Anyhow, I hope this certain employee gets the job, he's a decent dude and I think he, and certainly the company, will be better off for it.

Anyhow, thinking about applying for a different position myself.  Pay is much better but tons of stress.      
  • I've really began to hate the word kaizen. They are fucking ridiculous about them at work. They have a team for them. I've been there 3 years now and they expect everyone to submit one a week. At first it's fine, but GD, they don't seem to realize at some point shit levels off and maintaining that rate is unrealistic. Sorry, rant complete.
    rjj45
  • A big problem is that any HR department is fiercely political to senior management. And senior management, being B school grads and focused on financials, does not have a clue about the importance of a healthy non-toxic workplace, employee well-being and development. (HR knows these, but has to report to the top idiot) So when they have a mid-management candidate who is a "hard charger and detail oriented", they actually hire a guy who sucks up to his boss, but micromanages his subordinates with anger and fear. Not an easy solution, because usually the B school upper manager does not know anything about emotional maturity or EQ.
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!