Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Work Humor

Comments

• That's a loaded question.

• edited December 2022

…I’ve read a bit about LP and HP filters, but the Steal filter is a bit elusive.

• I think they wanted to keep the can but you could help yourself to the filters . . .

• We allow this and the booze thread to exist because the subject matter is either benign or a very shared interest. Same with the steak thread (now sadly buried) floating around.

Politics and religion are explicitly not allowed in the forum rules, but funny shit and our favorite beers and foods are the kind of shares that build community.

Also not allowed is arguing, so we tend to shut that stuff down pretty quick.

6thplanetSteve_Lee
    I have a signature.

• Lol, I ain't writing shit for goddam annoying moths. They can fly in to the light for all I care.

hifisideSteve_Lee6thplanetdynamo
    I have a signature.
  • That's what happens when they put engineers in the HR department, speling goes to hell :)

jr@mac
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I wish the boss was an engineer - she is a career HR though. Just has terrible written skills lol.

I have a signature.
  • The problem with spell check of course is that "moths" is spelled correctly.

According to spell check the above would have been fine if I typed "The probably with spill cheek of curse is that "moths" is peeled correctly."

6thplanetugly_wooferSteve_Lee
  • That's a software system.

I have a signature.
  • @a4eaudio said:
    The problem with spell check of course is that "moths" is spelled correctly.

According to spell check the above would have been fine if I typed "The probably with spill cheek of curse is that "moths" is peeled correctly."

Or would the document autofill "12-month" from the line above? I guess we'll never know.

• ...at least they were honest😆

Silver1omougly_wooferdynamojr@macPWRRYD
  • Sadly, I now work for a company that is competently staffed so humorous situations are few and far between. However, the other day the gal in the cubicle across from me exclaimed "why is there a hot dog in my garbage basket?".

I don't know who put it there but it made my day.

6thplanetugly_woofer
    I have a signature.

• That's how it sounds. Lol

jr@macPWRRYD
  • Made me think of:  "Torque it man, torque it.  Ya gotta torque it. No... I can't help you.  If I did it'd ruin ya!"  Funny jr high snow camp story behind that talk in your sleep quote.
  • Misspelling on a job site isn't really uncommon. I've seen weather, as in atmospheric conditions spelled whether and wether.

• Maintenance is often misspelled as "maintance".

I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:
    Maintenance is often misspelled as "maintance".

Yes! Many times.

• Used to work with a lady that wrote tiatnium everytime for titanium.

Steve_Lee
  • edited May 2023

Their, there now, don't be petie.... :/
    torked / twerked tomato / tomayto...

• Juvenile thought, but still funny..

6thplanetkenrhodes
  • Couple things I confiscated at work;

Sometimes being "the safety guy" can be fun.

Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • @Wolf said:
    Juvenile thought, but still funny..

What am I missing here?

• @jr@mac said:
    Couple things I confiscated at work;

JR that is just scary!

• Craig- Have you never asked someone to spell "ICUP"? I found it funny that the drug test itself is from a company called ICUP, as inferred...
    Think hard you'll get it....

tajanes
  • @jr@mac said:
    Couple things I confiscated at work;

Lol do you work at a friggin prison?

jr@macColonel7jhollanderSteve_Lee
  • Craig's been hitting the nitrous again😆

• @6thplanet said:
    Craig's been hitting the nitrous again😆

Shhhhhh!

6thplanet