Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Meniscus get together?

Comments

• @jr@mac said:
    Curious about venue and nearby hotels. I'd like to book, and I am definitely looking forward to this.

I'll have an email update shortly with some hotels.

jr@mac
  • @meniscus said:

@jr@mac said:
    Curious about venue and nearby hotels. I'd like to book, and I am definitely looking forward to this.

I'll have an email update shortly with some hotels.

Thank you!

I have a signature.
  • What's the address for the venue on Sat?

• Friday, September 23 @ 6:00 pm - 11:30 pm
    Meniscus – CSS Audio Get Together 2022 Day 1
    Meniscus Audio 1642 Broadway Ave NW, Grand Rapids, MI

Saturday, September 24 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
    Meniscus – CSS Audio Get Together 2022 Day 2
    Holiday Inn Downtown Grand Rapids 310 Pearl Street NW, Grand Rapids

PWRRYDWolf
  • Good lord, hotels are expensive. Almost worth booking a two room suite and having a bunkie. Anyone want to split a suite at the hotel?

PWRRYD
    I have a signature.
  • Shits pretty ridiculous anymore.

• Where is everyone staying?

I have a signature.
  • I'll be up Saturday morning as usual.

PWRRYD
  • I took a quick look and there are quite a few other hotels in the $150-170 range, which is still high, but better than $200.

PWRRYD
  • https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/baymont/grand-rapids-michigan/baymont-inn-and-suites-grand-rapids-sw-byron-center/overview?CID=LC:BU::GGL:RIO:National:17830&iata=00093796

This hotel is very close to my house and I can offer some assistance on transportation for anyone staying there. I drive a small crappy pickup, consider yourself warned.

6thplanetBillet
  • So I am booked up, Craig and I are going to be roomies for the weekend.

I will need a ride from the airport to the hotel - I booked at the same hotel we had the event at one year. It is close to Meniscus and not far from the event.

I will be arriving around 6PM Thursday night, and can slide a couple bucks for gas your way. I have spent too much on this trip to rent a car or even an Uber so anything I can do to defer some costs is welcome.

See ya'll soon!

I have a signature.
  • Well JR, worst case, ya might have to follow the unwritten Book of the Road.😉

....any Jay and Silent Bob fans out there😆

ugly_wooferjr@mac
  • @6thplanet said:
    Well JR, worst case, ya might have to follow the unwritten Book of the Road.😉

Give a little to get a little. lol

6thplanet
  • @6thplanet said:

🤣🤣🤣

I have a signature.
  • @ugly_woofer said:

@6thplanet said:

Ass or grass , no one rides for free....

• JR you got my number if you need me, the biggest variable is work. And the pickup is sketchy.

• edited August 2022

Speaking of sketchy pickups

Answers a few questions about the old girl...

6thplanet
    I have a signature.
  • @Nicholas_23 said:

@ugly_woofer said:

@6thplanet said:

Ass or grass , no one rides for free....

Or in this case head.

6thplanetNicholas_23
  • edited August 2022

Yikes! Time for fuel cell conversion.
    I'm sure a repop for that truck is pretty easily obtained.

• Already bought and sitting in garage. Waiting for shoulder belt conversion to show up before reinstalling new tank.

6thplanet
    I have a signature.
  • snicker head...

I have a signature.
  • Behind the seat is where subwoofers go, not gas.

kenrhodesSteve_Leejr@macWolf
  • @6thplanet said:
    Behind the seat is where subwoofers go, not gas.

Sadly, relocating said vessel is expensive and results in the filler either in the bottom of the box towards the tailgate or requires punching a 3" hole in the box side, and filling the existing filler neck hole or adding a cheesy chrome plug. None of it sounds like fun. Just because I know how to do body work doesn't mean I like to do body work. You are talking to a guy that Duratexed a 5" 2-way build using $750 worth of drivers and $250 worth of crossover parts...

I have a signature.
  • ...that being said, I very well might sand them smooth, prime, and apply piano finish. Duratex is an epic filler primer if you give it a year to finish shrinking.

Also, Ken: I ain't afraid of no ride in a shaky old truck.

kenrhodes
    I have a signature.
  • I think I may be able to make it this year...

jr@mackenrhodes
  • I booked a suite at the same old hotel. Craig and I are splitting it Fri/Sat night.

If I can convince him to leave by 5:30 AM Sunday, I'll make him drop me off at GRR.

Looking forward to it!

I have a signature.
  • edited August 2022

No arm twisting required. I normally wake up around 3:30 and am at work before 5:00 AM. Just don't keep me up past midnight ;)

jr@mackenrhodes
  • @DanP - Hi Dan. I just wanted to bring it to your attention that there has not been a formal announcement regarding the event, especially on PETT. This thread, started by JR, has all of the relevant info, but the majority of people on PETT don't come to this forum. (Although the majority of people who come to GR probably do.)

• @a4eaudio said:
    @DanP - Hi Dan. I just wanted to bring it to your attention that there has not been a formal announcement regarding the event, especially on PETT. This thread, started by JR, has all of the relevant info, but the majority of people on PETT don't come to this forum. (Although the majority of people who come to GR probably do.)

Thanks for pointing this out. Historically, the Meniscus/CSS crowd hangs out here, so once it was posted here, I de-prioritzed any more promotional activity and I didn't realize we hadn't posted it anywhere else.