Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Meniscus get together?

Comments

• So the Friday night event page says 6pm - 11pm. Does anyone know if the speaker toss off the roof happens earlier? I missed it 2 years ago and didnt get to come up last year. I wanna see this!

• I will be there around 3 or so I am guessing. Not sure when the speaker toss happens.

I have a signature.
  • I'll be in the area before noon to meet a supplier, so I should be ready to mingle around 1-2pm. If nobody wants to meet up for a late lunch/early drink, I'll probably head right to Meniscus. The speaker toss is usually around 6-7pm I think. One more sleep!

• I'd be down for lunch, sir.

I have a signature.
  • Speakers are loaded in the car. I have to work tomorrow but will be down after. I hope to get some expert opinions on them tomorrow as I will not be able to be there on Saturday. I am not bringing anything else this time.

• My car is loaded. Gotta go work a few hours this morning then heading out. See you guys there.

duanebro
  • My wife has a suggestion for the format...throwing the speaker off the roof should come at the end of the day Saturday instead of Friday. I was talking to her about how my speakers will sound "okay" but I'd really like them to sound "good" to "very good". She asked me, "if they don't sound good, will they get thrown off the roof?" LOL!

ugly_wooferjhollanderkenrhodesBryan@MAC
  • @a4eaudio said:
    My wife has a suggestion for the format...throwing the speaker off the roof should come at the end of the day Saturday instead of Friday. I was talking to her about how my speakers will sound "okay" but I'd really like them to sound "good" to "very good". She asked me, "if they don't sound good, will they get thrown off the roof?" LOL!

This is why I don't go to Grand Rapids! :#

kenrhodes
  • edited September 2022

@jr@mac sent me the video. It was by far the most tossed off speaker stuff I've ever seen at @meniscus. Sooooo wish I was there to see it in person. If Mark wants to take it to the next level and toss the losers on Saturday night, I will bring my baseball glove. I'd never let a DIY speaker hit that pavement. JMHO. Lol.

@a4eaudio said:
    My wife has a suggestion for the format...throwing the speaker off the roof should come at the end of the day Saturday instead of Friday. I was talking to her about how my speakers will sound "okay" but I'd really like them to sound "good" to "very good". She asked me, "if they don't sound good, will they get thrown off the roof?" LOL!

My signature goes here
  • This backpack was left at Meniscus. Mark will bring it to the Holiday Inn tomorrow morning.
    Have a good night look forward to seeing you all again tomorrow.

• Had a good time last night and won two of the silent auctions, did not expect to but I will be able to do some pretty cool projects with the stuff I won.

I have a signature.
  • Video posted on MAC?

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • You guys take losing a speaker competition WAYYY too seriously . . .

:#

ugly_woofer

• 6thplanetSteve_Leesquamishdroc
    I have a signature.
  • Beautiful work guys!!

• Steve_LeeKornbreadTurn2Silver1omosquamishdroc
    I have a signature.

• 6thplanetSteve_LeejhollanderBilletsquamishdroc
    I have a signature.
  • Hope everyone had a great day today. I am enjoying live music and a nice wine buzz.

kenrhodes
  • Cheers to live music! I'm in line down in Nashville for Clutch Helmet and Quicksand🤘🏼😈🤘🏼

kenrhodesduanebro
  • Craig and I are winding down in our room - watching "Jaws".

Thank you CSS and Meniscus for putting this together again. Always worth the flight.

DanP
    I have a signature.
  • I had a lot of fun too! Thanks, to everyone involved.

Steve_LeejhollanderSilver1omotajaneskenrhodes6thplanetTurn2squamishdroc
  • @Steve_Lee said:
    You guys take losing a speaker competition WAYYY too seriously . . .

:#

Losers, no those were the winners. You don't want to see what we did to the losers.

jr@mac
  • At least you removed the drivers for the swap table . . .

Nutz!

=)

• Lot of really nice kit to look at, although the two that visually stick out the most in my mind are the minions, and the spiders. What's the 411 on the spiders?

• SB12CAC/LD22 called Katydids, made by Rob something, documented on the Project Pad.

• Could we get a list of the house tracks used, please?

• @Wolf said:
    Could we get a list of the house tracks used, please?

I can reach out to Sobie and see if he would share the list with me.

I have a signature.
  • Shot him a text, I'll post whenever he gets back to me.

I have a signature.